KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Auto-insert space at the end of an unfinished sentence
Topic Summary: Auto-insert space
Created On: 01/19/2022 06:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Auto-insert space at the end of an unfinished sentence   - ramsunr - 01/19/2022 06:34 AM  
 Auto-insert space at the end of an unfinished sentence   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/19/2022 11:07 AM  
 Auto-insert space at the end of an unfinished sentence   - ramsunr - 01/19/2022 05:26 PM  
Keyword
 01/19/2022 06:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ramsunr

So I recently moved from mmodal fluency to dragon. My biggest issue so far is that I have to keep hitting space or saying "space" if I pause in the middle of a sentence and click on a different screen. This is VERY frustrating. Is everyone dealing with this?

For example. I want to dictate "My name is Mike."

I dictate "My name is." I need to bring up a different window for whatever reason (because I forgot my name). Now I go back to my dictation document and click next to "is" and I dictate "Mike." What I get is:

My name isMike

This issue NEVER happened with mmodal. A space would automatically be inserted if I go back to my dictation mid-sentence. How can I fix this?

01/19/2022 11:07 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

When you attempt to dictate into a non-Dragon friendly environment (denoted by the grayed out checkmark or bullet) strange behavior can occur such as improper spacing, capitalization or even having your dictation ignored. Because you are dictating into a non-Dragon friendly environment, Dragon has no idea where your words are or how they associate with each other, as they do in Microsoft Word, DragonPad, or this forum.

According to your member profile, you are using KnowBrainer 2020 so if you have to switch Windows between dictations, you can use the KnowBrainer Space <dictation>, Print <dictation> or Insert <dictation> commands. The downside of using this approach is having to say “print” every time you dictate. Another option would be to dictate into Dragon's Dictation Box and then transfer your text. Of course, this also means an extra step.

The simplest solution would be to leave your cursor in your EMR and not use your mouse or switch Windows until you finish your dictation. Dragon doesn't know where your cursor is but because it remembers the last thing you said, Dragon can give you proper capitalization and spacing; unless you move the cursor. If you can work this way, DragonCapture can help your direct dictation by automatically including proper spacing and capitalization. You'll find 30 day trials in our signature tag.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2022
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

01/19/2022 05:26 PM

Author Icon
ramsunr

Thank you!

I didn't know MS word will keep the formating. Let me try that instead. I was dictating into a virtual stick note. 

Statistics
32388 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 335 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 335 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.