KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/02/2021 05:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)   - Ebi - 09/02/2021 05:25 AM  
 Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/02/2021 11:43 AM  
 Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)   - Ebi - 09/04/2021 09:13 AM  
 Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)   - wristofdoom - 09/05/2021 12:05 AM  
 Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/05/2021 05:30 PM  
 Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)   - Ebi - 09/06/2021 04:01 AM  
 Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)   - wristofdoom - 09/07/2021 09:18 PM  
 Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/08/2021 01:48 PM  
 Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/06/2021 08:43 PM  
 Sennheiser Presence UC or something else? (Jabra Stealth)   - mwarddoc - 09/07/2021 03:21 AM  
Keyword
 09/02/2021 05:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ebi

Hi everyone! 

After years of fumbling with cheap microphone solutions that never really worked, I'm kind of fed up and decided to just splurge on a microphone for DPI 14.

I really need to switch to more hands free typing/mousing due to RSI and shoulder issues (even after years of physical therapy....after 30 minutes of computer use I can feel the pain creeping up, and a full workday of computer use means at least 3-5 days of recovery time for me ). I'm really looking forward to getting a working mic combined with Knowbrainer, so I can get more work done with less pain.

My holy grail is probably the Speechmike SMP4000 as I like the idea of not having to wear the microphone. But while I'm saving up for that one, I'd also like to look into getting a slightly more affordable and portable mic for when I have to travel. 

My second choice would have been the Sennheiser MB Pro1 UC but I cannot find it anywhere in my country and the Pro2 seems to be permanently out of stock too... so now I'm thinking about the Sennheiser Presence UC, especially because you can get the additional headband for it.

But I was wondering... are there any other microphones I should consider looking into? For instance my local speech recognition store sells the Jabra Stealth UC as a suitable microphone. It certainly is a bit more affordable than the other options... But I cannot find anything about the Stealth and how it interacts with Dragon. 

09/02/2021 11:43 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

A 1st recommendation would be to upgrade to DPI 15.61 Upgrade (digital download which additionally includes a download to DPI 15.7 when it is released). As to your question…

The Philips SpeechMike Premium Air SMP4000 is a handheld programmable button microphone. It's a tad expensive and might not be the best choice for you. If you work with a notebook computer in quiet environments, you might want to check out the SpeechWare TravelMike. This is a small TableMike that plugs into side of your computer and does not need to be worn. Of course the Sennheiser MB Pro1 UC/ML Bluetooth headset is 1 of the best wireless microphones if you need a little more noise canceling. 

We don't like the Jabra mics because the microphone boom is too short. Unfortunately, companies like Plantronics choose aesthetics over functionality.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

09/04/2021 09:13 AM

Author Icon
Ebi

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt                     Welcome (See Mission Statement)

A 1st recommendation would be to upgrade to DPI 15.61 Upgrade (digital download which additionally includes a download to DPI 15.7 when it is released). As to your question…

The Philips SpeechMike Premium Air SMP4000 is a handheld programmable button microphone. It's a tad expensive and might not be the best choice for you. If you work with a notebook computer in quiet environments, you might want to check out the SpeechWare TravelMike. This is a small TableMike that plugs into side of your computer and does not need to be worn. Of course the Sennheiser MB Pro1 UC/ML Bluetooth headset is 1 of the best wireless microphones if you need a little more noise canceling.  We don't like the Jabra mics because the microphone boom is too short. Unfortunately, companies like Plantronics choose aesthetics over functionality.

Hi Lunis, thank you so much for the welcome letter and your answer. 

Regarding the update, I might hold off on that, because I'm still debating whether I should get the Dutch version of DPI 15 (which also includes the English version, I think). While I use English more than Dutch, living in the Netherlands... the Dutch version would be handy every now and then. (I kind of wish Dragon would let you buy additional language packs as needed)

I'm not 100% sold on the TravelMike. Mostly because I'm worried that my super loud laptop fan will interfere with it. It's also a little out of my budget for a travel mic.

After lots of searching I've managed to find the MB Pro 1 (and 2) in my country so, while not as portable as the smaller bluetooth headsets I'm leaning towards the MB Pro UC/ML.

But I will definitely stay away from Jabra's microphones.

09/05/2021 12:05 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wristofdoom
Top-Tier Member

I have the MB 2. It's fine for phone calls but not good for dictation --especially for the money. No matter how much I spend, wired microphones always blow wireless out of the water.

My wired Addasound CRYSTAL-SR2832RG gives me better quality dictation than my MB2 and it was half as expensive.

Dragon Professional Individual v15.6. Windows 10. Knowbrainer 2017.

09/05/2021 05:30 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You might just need a Sennheiser MB Pro1/2 firmware update which can be freely obtained from Sennheiser (877) 736-6434. Also note that if you purchased 1 of the older MB Pro2 MLs It is not suited to speech recognition. You should be using the MBPro2 UC (older model) or MBPro2 UC/ML. You can shop around for a better price but you won't find qualified speech recognition support from those other guys.

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

09/06/2021 04:01 AM

Author Icon
Ebi

Thanks Lunis! I was about to get one of the older versions because it was a lot cheaper... But then I guess I will splurge on  a newer model  

Is there any difference between the Sennheiser MB Pro 2 UC ML (506046) and the Sennheiser Epos Impact MB Pro 2 UC ML (1000567) that would make one better suited for speech recognition than the other? They look pretty much the same to me.

09/07/2021 09:18 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wristofdoom
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt You might just need a Sennheiser MB Pro1/2 firmware update which can be freely obtained from Sennheiser (877) 736-6434. Also note that if you purchased 1 of the older MB Pro2 MLs It is not suited to speech recognition. You should be using the MBPro2 UC (older model) or MBPro2 UC/ML. You can shop around for a better price but you won't find qualified speech recognition support from those other guys.

I have the UC ML. 

We really need to call for a patch?  Wish I could just download it

Dragon Professional Individual v15.6. Windows 10. Knowbrainer 2017.

09/08/2021 01:48 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You should be able to search the Sennheiser website for the firmware update. If you're using KnowBrainer just say Browse to Sennheiser, from anywhere. Also note that the older MB Pro2 UC/ML will need a firmware update.

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

09/06/2021 08:43 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We can't guarantee this but from what we can see, both models appear to be identical. Name changes are fairly common for different countries. If you are considering an older model, consider the Sennheiser MB Pro2 UC. You wouldn't want to use this model for VoIP but it's perfect for speech recognition.

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

09/07/2021 03:21 AM

Author Icon
mwarddoc
Advanced Member

I have three of the MB Pro 1's and the Presence UC with the headband as well as the Speechmike Air 4000 with docking port and an airbridge. It's a long story on why I have all these, but they all work well, and I use all of them. I work at 5 locations and having three of them equipped with the MB Pro 1 was a benefit at one time.

If I had to have only one of these, I'd have the MB Pro 1, much cheaper than the Speechmike, but not programmable. I have particular usages that having programmable buttons is very worthwhile, and in my main work location, I use the Speechmike Pro Air every day, and just one of those buttons saves me from saying "next" scores of times daily (I'm trying to NOT set the world record for saying "next" before I die).

I still use the Presence UC when there is a lot of background noise, but it is not quite as good with speech recognition as the MB Pro 1 or the Speechmike.

They are all well made, I have not had one fail, I believe I purchased the first one 3-4 years ago.

The MB Pro 1 will also connect with my phone and voice recognition at the same time, when I get a phone call I just have to put the DMPE into sleep then answer the phone, after hanging up the call I just wake up DMPE and go back to dictating.

mwarddoc
Statistics
32127 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 299 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 300 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.