KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Does a ADDASOUND Crystal SR 2831 need a special sound card?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/06/2021 07:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Does a ADDASOUND Crystal SR 2831 need a special sound card?   - AOF - 06/06/2021 07:40 PM  
 Does a ADDASOUND Crystal SR 2831 need a special sound card?   - Scribe - 06/07/2021 09:56 AM  
 Does a ADDASOUND Crystal SR 2831 need a special sound card?   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/07/2021 11:05 AM  
Keyword
 06/06/2021 07:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AOF

Hello! I already own a ADDASOUND Crystal SR 2831. When I first started using it, it was perfect, but as time has gone on, it seems less and less accurate. A couple of days ago I created a brand-new DNS profile, and it's already back to as annoying as it was on my first profile. I'm starting to wonder if the microphone is broken?

But another thought is, I am using the stock soundcard of my computer. I really don't have an understanding of how one of the recommended soundcards will benefit me. Can someone explain that? Could it help with these issues?

Alternatively, are there some microphones that are known to be much much better than this one? Sometimes my environment is noisy: I have a dog that tends to bark a couple of times throughout the day and sometimes the air conditioning runs for hours. Though rare, sometimes I'm working while someone else is cleaning in another room.

06/07/2021 09:56 AM

Scribe
Top-Tier Member

If the microphone was perfect when you first started using it, then it seems unlikely that you need to add a soundcard. If you record your voice and hear static or other anomalous sounds on playback, then your microphone may need to be replaced. Another possibility might be electrical fluctuations, if you are running more electronic items off the same outlet than you were before. Are you using a surge protector? If not, that could help.

-------------------------

The woman who dueled with Aaron Burr and won: www.MmeJumel.com

Crohn's News Blog: www.crohns-news.net

06/07/2021 11:05 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Your microphone includes a 2 year manufacturer warranty and you do not have the option of adding a USB soundcard because you are using a USB microphone (integrated USB soundcard). You cannot connect a USB soundcard to a USB soundcard. This would be equivalent to adding a driving wheel's to the driving wheel in your automobile. The built-in USB soundcard uses the same technology found in other high quality USB soundcards like the Andrea Communications PureAudio USB-SA

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

Statistics
32127 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 299 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 299 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.