KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Problems with Speechware SEC and Multiadapter
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/18/2021 03:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Problems with Speechware SEC and Multiadapter   - igiddings - 05/18/2021 03:08 PM  
 Problems with Speechware SEC and Multiadapter   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/18/2021 07:30 PM  
 Problems with Speechware SEC and Multiadapter   - igiddings - 05/19/2021 07:48 AM  
Keyword
 05/18/2021 03:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
igiddings

I recently purchased a Speechware SEC with multi-adapter for use on my desktop. Accuracy is good but not amazing. The problem I'm having is that I have a Citrix server for work and Citrix does not mix well with Dragon. I usually get round this by ticking the options box "use the Dictation Box for unsupported applications". This was never a problem with my old VXi mic but the Speechware mic, though it hears commands, won't automatically divert to the dictation box. Is there anything I need to adjust?

-------------------------

Intel Core i7-2600
16GB memory
Andrea NC181-VM mike 

05/18/2021 07:30 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

This shouldn't be a microphone problem. Our customers have run into a lot of problems with the Dictation Box. We recommend against using it. Even when the Dictation Box works, it is sluggish. If you are looking for a free fast solution check out Notepad. If you were using KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands) you could say Notepad <this is a test> which will open Notepad and simultaneously type “This is a test”. Say Transfer to close Notepad and transfer your dictation into your target application. KnowBrainer even saves a copy of your dictation to Windows clipboard.

However, as fast as the previous procedure is, an even better solution is DragonCapture which is a fully automatic third party Dictation Box. You can now dictate directly into your application without the secondary step of having to transfer text. Your target application is not Dragon friendly but the new AI version of KnowBrainer will allow you to correct/edit DragonCapture dictation via our new Type <dictation> command (as if you were were dictating into a Dragon friendly environment). You'll find 30 day trials of both of these utilities in our signature tag under the Trial Downloads link.

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

05/19/2021 07:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
igiddings

Just installed it now and it works like a dream, thanks Lunis!

Intel Core i7-2600
16GB memory
Andrea NC181-VM mike 

Statistics
32171 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 594 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 601 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.