the Boom Microphone vs Shure MVL   - DavidMD - 03/04/2021 07:36 PM  
 the Boom Microphone vs Shure MVL   - Lunis Orcutt - 03/05/2021 01:47 PM  
 the Boom Microphone vs Shure MVL   - ThomasCarothers - 03/06/2021 04:44 AM  
Keyword
 03/04/2021 07:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DavidMD

I see that microphones no longer seem to matter that much. I have a "theBoom O" that plugs into an older Andrea USB. Today I got a Shure MVL Lavalier Microphone for Skype TV interviews. For the heck of it, I plugged it in my laptop's regular jack input. It seemed just as accurate and faster than the Boom plus Andrea.

So I began to wonder is my Andrea USB not really that good for Win10? Is there some driver I should update?  I'm sure I had it back in Win7. Or are all Andrea USB plug and play an it doesn't matter?

Ideally I'd like something basic, not expensive, that is wired to sit on my desk on a stand and I can just speak into it. Generally I'm in reasonably quiet locations. Any advice?

03/05/2021 01:47 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

Windows 10 Professional already includes the Andrea driver and the fact that your Andrea USB soundcard still works means that it is fully functional and does not need to be replaced. Andrea USB soundcards are plug-and-play. However, theBoom "O" microphone may be less than it once was. UmeVoice has discontinued offering this line of microphones because manufacturer problems.

If you work in a relatively quiet environment and looking for a very accurate inexpensive desktop microphone, check out the SoundTech GN-USB-2

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

03/06/2021 04:44 AM

Author Icon
ThomasCarothers

But, connecting your mic to the camera is best, as the Mini needs a Mic Preamp between the mic and switcher, and unless the mixer can add audio delay, yiur video and audio will be out of sync. Connecting the Mic to the camera solves both, audio is in sync. Try keeping camera audio to around 50 or less. So, be perfect and take mic test online.
Cheers

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Microphones and Sound Cards » the Boom Microphone vs Shure MVL

Statistics
32171 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 562 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 562 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.