Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 03/20/2022 03:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

BTW, reading the KickStarter pages a bit more carefully:

Phasma is a mask that can be worn with a headset that you already own - i.e. with some existing headset microphone. They also apparently provide their own microphone, although the reviews on that are not all that good.

It has apparently shipped to supporters, getting real reviews. The microphone is not getting all that good reviews, the mask seems to be.

KickStarter is accepting no more subscriptions/contributions/supporters for the project,  but you can click through to Indiegogo where they are accepting preorders,  targeting June 2022

I would seriously consider pre-ordering the Phasma except...

Their webpage says they require a flexible headset microphone.  Unfortunately, my existing Sennheiser headset has an inflexible rigid boom,  so may very well not adapt to the Phasma. :-(

Which leads to the next question  Any recommendations for headsets with FLEXIBLE microphone?

Although requiring a new  headset microphone is a great discouragement...

-------------------------

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

Statistics
32359 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 507 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 508 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.