KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Andrea Wireless Headset better than Vxi Voxstar with Mac?
Topic Summary: Recommendations for wireless mic
Created On: 05/26/2015 10:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Andrea Wireless Headset better than Vxi Voxstar with Mac?   - JerryL - 05/26/2015 10:46 AM  
 Andrea Wireless Headset better than Vxi Voxstar with Mac?   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/26/2015 12:44 PM  
Keyword
 05/26/2015 10:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JerryL

I am currently using the VXI Voxstar with my MacBook Pro, and get about 92%-95% accuracy.  The 95% accuracy is fine-when it gets down to 92%, it becomes a pain to continuously check and edit my documents. I would like to be able to boost my accuracy up to a consistent 95%, or even higher. Would  the Andrea wireless headset allow me to get that level of accuracy?  I'm also wondering how successful other people have been in pairing the Andrea with a Mac. Have you encountered any problems?

Also, one of the things I like to do is listen to music or the radio through the earpiece while I'm dictating/composing.  I worry that the Vxi speaker will potentially interfere with the accuracy of my spoken words since the earpiecce is "open," so to speak. However, even when playing the radio through my earpiece, the microphone bar on Dragon never moves.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions. It's great to be able to turn to a group of people that are so knowledgeable!

Jerry

05/26/2015 12:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The Andrea Electronics WNC-1500 wireless microphone includes consumer grade high fidelity stereo speakers that will not likely interfere with microphone input because the WNC-1500 features excellent noise filtering. Keep in mind that this is a consumer grade headset and while we believe you will see a 3% to 5% accuracy increase, over the VoxStar, you will still have to deal with the microphone automatically turning itself off after 5 minutes of nonuse; such as when you answer the phone. The speakers are covered in the type of vinyl that sweats your ears but because the microphone features auto gain control, you can optionally wear the headset around your neck. And… You can't beat the $100 price for a wireless headset.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

Statistics
32127 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 314 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 316 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.