KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Losing Vocabulary Editor training
Topic Summary: words I've added getting deleted, and words I've deleted getting added back
Created On: 12/28/2020 03:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Losing Vocabulary Editor training   - Mike.Antonacci - 12/28/2020 03:56 PM  
 Losing Vocabulary Editor training   - Anandits - 01/05/2021 01:58 AM  
 Losing Vocabulary Editor training   - R. Wilke - 01/05/2021 04:54 AM  
 Losing Vocabulary Editor training   - Grandslam - 01/05/2021 06:41 AM  
 Losing Vocabulary Editor training   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/05/2021 11:22 AM  
Keyword
 12/28/2020 03:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mike.Antonacci

Vocabulary Editor sometimes loses customizations that I know I've added. For example, I've deleted some names that sounds similar to names I commonly use and don't want the possibility of Dragon using the incorrect names, but then at some point later, the names I deleted have returned. And, sometimes the reverse happens, I've added a new word (such as "completionism"), it works fine for a while, but it's some point, the word vanishes from Vocabulary Editor and I have to add it again.

I'm not sure when or why it happens, and it took me a while to realize that it was happening, as initially I chalked it up to forgetfulness ("well, looks like I didn't actually add that word that I thought I did"). Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution?

01/05/2021 01:58 AM

Author Icon
Anandits

I'm sorry, I have no solution for you, but I want to say that this happens to me as well. I just like you, I would think "I might have done something wrong", or "maybe Dragon crashed without saving", but it happens way too frequently for that to be the case.
 01/05/2021 04:54 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

The problem is definitely with the user profile not being saved which is a prerequisite for any changes in the vocabulary to become permanent.

-------------------------

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

01/05/2021 06:41 AM

Author Icon
Grandslam

I have noticed similar behaviour also.

On a similar topic, does anyone know if, and when, Nuance updates the vocabulary? I imagine that from time to time there are new words which need to be added (e.g. Covid). At what point do these words get added to the vocabulary? Is it with version updates?

01/05/2021 11:22 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

As Rüdiger noted, vocabulary changes do not become permanent until you save your user profile. We prefer not to risk Dragon failing to remember our vocabulary changes so the KnowBrainer Add to Vocabulary command copies highlighted words to Windows clipboard, adds it to your vocabulary and saves your user profile. The Delete from Vocabulary command performs the opposite function.

As far as unwanted vocabulary returning... this can also be caused by not saving your user profile but Dragon seems to include a Vocabulary Editor leak where it adds unwanted and/or deleted vocabulary. It's been said that this doesn't happen but it seems to on our office computer so we recommend removing the checkmark from Automatically Add Words to active vocabulary under the DragonBar/Option/Corrections tab.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31935 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 599 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 600 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.