KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Intermittent Loss of Full Text Control in Outlook
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/29/2022 02:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Intermittent Loss of Full Text Control in Outlook   - Todd - 09/29/2022 02:13 AM  
 Intermittent Loss of Full Text Control in Outlook   - Stephan Kuepper - 09/29/2022 03:02 AM  
 Intermittent Loss of Full Text Control in Outlook   - Matt_Chambers - 09/29/2022 06:29 AM  
 Intermittent Loss of Full Text Control in Outlook   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/29/2022 11:39 AM  
 Intermittent Loss of Full Text Control in Outlook   - Todd - 09/30/2022 03:14 AM  
 Intermittent Loss of Full Text Control in Outlook   - ax - 09/30/2022 02:55 PM  
Keyword
 09/29/2022 02:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Todd
Advanced Member

I am working with an individual who is experiencing problems with DPI 15.61 and Microsoft Outlook (desktop version 2016, I believe).  Intermittently, he is unable to dictate into the body of an email.  When this occurs, the Full Text Control indicator is off, but NatSpeak Outlook AddIn is present and checked.

I have combed the web (starting with the KnowBrainer forum) and found the following tasks to try.  

1.  Create a new Dragon desktop shortcut to natspeak.exe.  There are numerous reports that doing so can fix various problems.

2.  Open nssystem.ini and add the following line to the [Settings] section:

Intuitive Email Outlook Folder Grammar Depth=0

3.  Try re-registering all Dragon add-ins.  To do so, close Dragon, open the Run window and enter:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking15\Program\natspeak.exe" -fixguids

4.  Open nsuser.ini and confirm the following line is present:

[OUTLOOK|16.0\Compatibility Module Status]
        Global Dictation=1

5.  Reinstall Dragon in Repair mode.

Does anyone have additional suggestions?  (I understand the antivirus software could possibly create such a problem, but it Is unlikely this could be changed for the user.)

How can I uninstall and reinstall the Dragon add-in for Outlook?

Thank you.

-------------------------

Todd Kermit
Principal
SpeechWise
todd@speechwise.com

www.speechwise.com

Dragon Professional Individual 15.61, Intel Core i7-10700K, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, Plantronics CS55/Andrea PureAudio USB-SA

09/29/2022 03:02 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

Basically, you tried everything that can be done to fix the issue, short of reinstalling Microsoft Office and Dragon. Issues with Microsoft Outlook have been being plaguing Dragon 15 ever since its inception, and some of them don't seem to be solvable. Having said that, you should never uninstall the Dragon add in for Outlook because you won't be able to re-install it.

If the issues don't occur on a regular basis, let the customer use the dictation box for the interim.

We have found that in some company environments, it helps to reset the Windows user profile, or create a new Windows user profile. In this case, something seems to be wrong with some GPO's, only nobody has ever found which ones. Try the suggestions on http://nuance.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29759/track/AvMAhwotDv8S~d6GGmIe~yKDmbUq2y75Mv~f~zj~PP8W.

Hope that helps, Stephan

(Edited to activate link)

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

09/29/2022 06:29 AM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

This happens to me occasionally. Restarting Outlook usually solves the problem.

I don't think you should uninstall the Dragon-Outlook add-in, but you could disable it and then re-enable it.
 09/29/2022 11:39 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You really made all the right moves and have received sage advice from Stephan and Matt but 2 points we would like to make:

1. Dragon almost NEVER needs to be reinstalled. When Dragon generally works, it is almost never the culprit

2. In theory, you shouldn't have to relaunch Outlook after Dragon because of the way Dragon is now set up but Matt's advice to simply close and relaunch Outlook seems to work best for us

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2022
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

09/30/2022 03:14 AM

Author Icon
Todd
Advanced Member

I appreciate the recommendations. Hopefully, something will work.

Todd Kermit
Principal
SpeechWise
todd@speechwise.com

www.speechwise.com

Dragon Professional Individual 15.61, Intel Core i7-10700K, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, Plantronics CS55/Andrea PureAudio USB-SA

09/30/2022 02:55 PM

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

Gotta hand it to OP for going the distance for their client.

This is a prime example of "horse whispering" the untamable Dragon.

With enough of "gaslighting", desktop users may just eventually embrace the Syndicate's cloud products.  Anyway, UNESCO admonished us against "conspiracies" so I don't know why anyone would think that.

Has the client thought about getting the right zen priest from the right temple to come recite the right mantra over the PC to give its Dragon installation the "right spirit"?

Statistics
32389 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 494 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 494 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.