KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to make corrections apply to multiple instances of the same word?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/22/2022 01:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 01/22/2022 01:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wristofdoom
Top-Tier Member

In the past, when I dictated "correct {word}", and there were multiple instances of {word} on the screen, I could say "choose all" and corrections I made would apply to every instance of {word}.

Since I created a new user profile, this does not happen anymore.

Although the "choose all" command seems to select all instances of {word} (I see their numbered icons light up, as though they are all being selected), only one instance of {word} is actually corrected by the time I complete the correction process.

Here are my Correction Dragon settings.

-------------------------

Dragon Professional Individual v15.6. Windows 10. Knowbrainer 2017.

01/22/2022 04:05 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

If Dragon® is able to change multiple instances of the same word in a document in one go, then this sure has eluded me all along.....Or is it a new feature in 15.6 (I'm still on 15.3)?

By the way, changing multiple occurrences of words, letters numbers etc. in one go is the main feature of Quick Correct:

The basic version is available in SP 7 Standard. A more advanced version is available in SP 7 PRO (coming out in a couple of weeks).

https://speechproductivity.eu

Turbocharge your Dragon® productivity with 40 Power Addons

01/22/2022 08:05 PM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

I don't think Dragon supports multiple corrections via "choose all." But it definitely supports multiple formatting changes.

For example, to apply boldface to every instance of the word "supports" in this message, say "bold supports."

As long as multiple text matches is enabled, all instances will be indexed with a small number. Act on every instance by saying "choose all."
 01/24/2022 03:15 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

Dragon does indeed support multiple corrections of the same word, but ONLY when "Correct brings up Spelling Window" is DE-selected, and ONLY when the correct alternative may be chosen via "Choose 1 (2, 3...)" from the Correction Window. "Choose all" will then replace all instances of the word by its alternative.

Wristofdoom, deselect that option to go on as usual. All the others, give it a try.

Hope that helps, Stephan

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

01/24/2022 05:31 PM

Author Icon
wristofdoom
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Stephan Kuepper Dragon does indeed support multiple corrections of the same word, but ONLY when "Correct brings up Spelling Window" is DE-selected, and ONLY when the correct alternative may be chosen via "Choose 1 (2, 3...)" from the Correction Window. "Choose all" will then replace all instances of the word by its alternative. Wristofdoom, deselect that option to go on as usual. All the others, give it a try. Hope that helps, Stephan

That solved it, perfect. Thank you.

Current settings where the  "correct" command affects multiple instances via "choose all":

Dragon Professional Individual v15.6. Windows 10. Knowbrainer 2017.

Statistics
32287 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 388 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 391 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.