KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dragon 15 Individual Legal skips phrases.
Topic Summary: Skipping phrases
Created On: 09/14/2021 06:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Dragon 15 Individual Legal skips phrases.   - Suzen - 09/14/2021 06:08 AM  
 Dragon 15 Individual Legal skips phrases.   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/14/2021 11:38 AM  
 Dragon 15 Individual Legal skips phrases.   - Suzen - 09/14/2021 12:09 PM  
 Dragon 15 Individual Legal skips phrases.   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/14/2021 01:02 PM  
Keyword
 09/14/2021 06:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Suzen

I'm a legal transcriptionist. I have the results box set to show preliminary results, which I turned on to make sure Dragon was hearing me properly because it kept skipping words and phrases.  It hears me, accurately for the most part, but the box with the words tends to hang and not actually put the words in the document.  When I continue to speak, it just deletes what I said and starts typing out the new thing I'm saying.  I would say it happens at least twice per 25 line page of transcription. This never happened in my previous versions, just since I spent a gazillion dollars to upgrade to 15 Legal Individual. Where it says queue bert, that's just the word I use to make it go to the next line and put in Q.     so that it aligns properly. That part works fine mostly. But this is getting frustrating. Please help!

-------------------------
Suzen
 09/14/2021 11:38 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

Are you dictating into a cloud or networked window? If so, Dragon is likely transferring buffered text too quickly for the network to handle. You've probably noticed that nothing appears on the page until you finish dictating and then all of your text appears at one time. Dragon basically pastes your buffered text; like pressing {Ctrl+V}. The transfer process needs to be slowed down to one letter at a time; like manually typing. You can transfer your text via the Dragon Dictation Box if you add a checkmark to the Simulate Keystrokes options but this a two-step process. If you prefer Direct Dictation, as we do, you might consider DragonCapture

P
S: Also note that gaming microphones are sweaty and not ideally suited to speech recognition, which is highly specialized. 

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

09/14/2021 12:09 PM

Author Icon
Suzen

1. I use Dragon to dictate in Word, which syncs with my OneDrive; is that what you mean by cloud or networked window? 2. I have learned that hate gaming headset, but my only other option at the moment is that I have a BluSnowball, but it does the same thing, which is why I wasted so much money on that stupid headset that I hate. I also have Galaxy earbuds and I was thinking if the audio file I'm listening to was going through them and the BluSnowball was being used as the microphone, maybe that would be easier for Dragon, but I'm not sure if it would help.

Suzen
 09/14/2021 01:02 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

1. Are you using Microsoft Word on the cloud or locally? In other words, are you dictating into your Microsoft Word documents over the Internet or locally on your computer? OneDrive doesn't matter in this situation.  To put it another way, do you see a green • in the DragonBar which signifies a Dragon friendly application.

2. USB Microphones should only be purchased from speech recognition microphone experts rather than jack of all trade/master of none resellers

3. Using a seperate sound source like earbuds for playback won't make any difference. Most of the time, Dragon isn't playing back anyway 

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

Statistics
32127 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 287 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 288 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.