Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Acoustic and Language Optimization stuck
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/24/2021 08:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Acoustic and Language Optimization stuck   - Camner - 07/24/2021 08:05 PM  
 Acoustic and Language Optimization stuck   - R. Wilke - 07/25/2021 07:14 AM  
 Acoustic and Language Optimization stuck   - Matt_Chambers - 07/26/2021 12:09 PM  
 Acoustic and Language Optimization stuck   - Lunis Orcutt - 07/26/2021 04:12 PM  
Keyword
 07/24/2021 08:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Camner

Acoustic and Language Optimization (ALO) seems to be stuck with 2 minutes remaining.  It starts to run just fine, but after it get to 2 minutes remaining, it just sticks for hours and never finishes.  I have to use Task Manager to quit DPI 15.6.  Of course, the next time I use DPI, after I'm finished DPI prompts me to run ALO again (makes sense, since I interrupted it the previous time).

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

07/25/2021 07:14 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Unfortunately, the ALO malfunctioning one way or the other or even failing completely seems to have become a common bug recently. In the scenario you are describing, one particular DRA file may be the culprit. Keep in mind that, during optimisation, all the DRA files collected in the DRA files folder are meant to be processed. A DRA file being a composite of text, the underlying audio, and a concordance keeping both parts aligned properly. So things may go wrong easily in this area.

If you want to take the trouble, you might indentify at what stage of the process the optimisation hangs particurlaly, by perusing the Dragon logfile, which will be rather time consuming, however. But if it always stops at the same DRA file, try deleting this one, and run it again.

Failing that, you might as well try deleting all the contents in the DRA files folder, and then running the optimisation manually, hoping that it will at least terminate gracefully then, so you might continue with it; until the next hurdle waits around the bend.

If you decide to do it this way, better make a backup copy of the profile first.

-------------------------

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

07/26/2021 12:09 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

I frequently get error messages when trying to run the Acoustic Optimizer. The Language Optimizer seems to run to completion without problem, but the Acoustic Optimizer is erratic. Sometimes it works normally without problem. About half the time, however, although it runs to completion and I am able to save my user files at the end of the run, I am not able to dictate after that and I get an error message that reads "There was a internal system error which will prevent you from saving your user profile. You may be able to continue dictating, but you will not be able to save." This error message is not correct, because I am not able to continue dictating. At that point, I have to kill Dragon manually and restart the program. Sometimes I have to reboot.

This problem is new to me, in DPI 15.61. I did not have it in earlier versions. (It is the only problem I have in DPI 15.61, which otherwise works very well for me.) I always make a backup of my user profile before I use the Acoustic Optimizer.

I haven't been able to figure out why the Acoustic Optimizer works correctly on some occasions and not others. I have spent some time looking at the Dragon log file, but I have not found it to be all that helpful (surprise, surprise).
 07/26/2021 04:12 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Quoting our local hillbilly Doctor… “If it hurts when you do that, don't do that”.

We don't have a solution and as Rüdiger noted, these types of problems seem to be more prevalent in Ver. 15.61. We recommend disabling this function and adding a check mark to Conserve disk space required by user profile in the DragonBar Options/Data tab. On our computer, Dragon would slow down to the point that we would be unable to dictate after 4 hours. Preventing Dragon from saving dra's allow was to run Dragon as long as 4 days

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

Statistics
32110 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 353 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 353 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.