Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Correcting words attempting to learn how
Topic Summary: IE add-in not loaded
Created On: 06/23/2021 11:22 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Correcting words attempting to learn how   - Fred Bob - 06/23/2021 11:22 AM  
 Correcting words attempting to learn how   - Fred Bob - 06/23/2021 12:30 PM  
 Correcting words attempting to learn how   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/23/2021 03:35 PM  
 Correcting words attempting to learn how   - dilligence - 07/01/2021 09:20 AM  
Keyword
 06/23/2021 11:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Fred Bob

Dragon
I have only used the dictation mode to enter text into notepad/WP/Scrivener.

I need to learn how to correct incorrect words.

I am atttempting to follow the instructions. I tried to open the dictation box, and I get an error about the add-in for internet explorer not being loaded.

Is dragon 15 really using the IE engine? 

Anyway, how do I fix this?

06/23/2021 12:30 PM

Author Icon
Fred Bob

I was able to enable the IE add-in.

Sorta insane d15 is usin ga deprecated application.

Now trying to get dragon to remember my corrections.

06/23/2021 03:35 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

We are not certain about the IE error but you don't need to use Internet Explorer and shouldn't. Enabling the IE Dragon 15 extension won't hurt anything but you should use newer mainstream browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (our personal favorite).

Notepad is already Dragon friendly but you will have to change from Now Listing For... Dictation to Dictation & Commands. You should find Dragon's default Dictation & Commands Mode much easier to use in Notepad and WordPerfect X5 - X18 but if you are using a newer version of WordPerfect, you will have to resort to the Dictation Box or cutting and pasting from Notepad

We NEVER recommend using Dragon in Dictation Mode because you will find yourself having to switch back and forth. Whenever you launch Dragon, it defaults to Dictation & Commands because most end-users never need to change this default setting. Note that KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands) can seamlessly automate this functionality. You will find a 30 day trial in our signature tag

Dragon's included training can be a bit elusive. You might consider our Dragon Installation/Training Guide, which includes pictorial details on the installation process, a list of Dragon commands organized by category and pictorial details on fixing 3 dozen sandtraps (which Nuance doesn't want you to know). This manual is complementary to our Dragon customers.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

07/01/2021 09:20 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Indeed, it's not a good idea to set Dragon to dictation mode only. Simply say: 

"switch to normal mode".

I've never heard of any relation between the Dragon dictation box and the Internet Explorer add-in. I think this is just a coincidence.

Note that text correction commands only work in speech friendly applications like Notepad. They won't work in Scrivener and most likely neither in WP.

Instead of using the Dragon dictation box you may be interested in much faster, more effective solutions like Auto Box© and Advanced Dictation Box. These are both featured in SP 6 Standard. Here's an example of using the Advanced Dictation Box to quickly import and edit text in Scrivener:

-------------------------

Statistics
32106 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 395 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 395 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.