KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: First utterance after defining a custom word is dropped
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/16/2021 08:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 First utterance after defining a custom word is dropped   - Ag - 06/16/2021 08:19 PM  
 First utterance after defining a custom word is dropped   - Mav - 06/17/2021 02:24 AM  
 First utterance after defining a custom word is dropped   - Stephan Kuepper - 06/17/2021 08:44 AM  
Keyword
 06/16/2021 08:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

every time I start working in a new area  or topic I define a flurry of custom words. 

Sometimes by creating a text or XML file of custom words, e.g. instruction mnemonics or API  function and method names.   

but sometimes I do it interactively

Open vocabulary editor

fill-in the written and spoken forms

(training -  actually, I almost never train)

Add

and nearly always I want to use that word almost immediately.

However, I frequently find that the first word after I have added or closed the vocabulary editor is swallowed, ignored. The second time it works.

Any idea why? Any idea on how to avoid this?

-------------------------

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

06/17/2021 02:24 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Since I cannot view the innards of Dragon I could be off completely, but I think it could be due to the language model being adjusted.

When you add a word, it has to be added to the language model, otherwise Dragon would never be able to recognize it.

Adjusting/rebuilding the LM can be a time consuming effort, so it will not be performed synchronously.

This means that when you start a new recognition immediately after telling Dragon to add a new word, you'll get your results with the old LM or utterances are discarded because of the LM rebuild.

Once the LM has been updated, things go back to normal and you can use the new word.

I saw a note for a different SR system that stated a delay of up to half a minute until new words are recognized, so it could be similar with Dragon, only shorter.

Just my 2ct

mav

06/17/2021 08:44 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

I usually dictate the word, then correct it and add it to the vocabulary through the Spelling Window. This is frowned upon by some in this community, but I've found that it works reliably (if Dragon can ever be said to work reliably).

HTH, Stephan

-------------------------

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

Statistics
32177 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 478 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 478 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.