KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: VocTool?
Topic Summary: Can this automate deleting words from standard vocabulary, and/or adding words one at a time?
Created On: 04/12/2021 11:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 VocTool?   - Ag - 04/12/2021 11:54 AM  
 VocTool?   - Lunis Orcutt - 04/12/2021 01:02 PM  
 VocTool?   - Ag - 04/12/2021 01:36 PM  
 VocTool?   - Stephan Kuepper - 04/13/2021 03:18 AM  
 VocTool?   - Ag - 04/14/2021 12:49 AM  
 VocTool?   - R. Wilke - 04/13/2021 11:21 AM  
 VocTool?   - R. Wilke - 04/17/2021 03:33 PM  
 VocTool?   - R. Wilke - 04/18/2021 04:03 PM  
 VocTool?   - Ag - 04/25/2021 03:27 PM  
 VocTool?   - R. Wilke - 04/25/2021 04:01 PM  
Keyword
 04/12/2021 11:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

I have  experienced problems where I  import large numbers of custom words  at the same time. E.g. things have broken when I imported a batch of 200 words, but did not break when  I split that into 2 bunches of 100 words that I imported separately.   this experience was described in a previous post. "Things went bad" not at the time I imported the words, but only after I  save the profile, exited Dragon, and restarted Dragon using that saved profile with the new custom words.

I would like to automate the process of  dividing a large batch of custom words into smaller batches for import.  Possibly into individual words.   but I certainly do not want to add words one at a time back, not by hand. I  would like to  automate this with a script. 

hmmm.   I just  figured out how to use a similar script to delete  standard words, by looking at standard word properties to figure out  what the word I am looking at is.

It would, however, be much nicer to be able to manipulate the vocabulary from  via  the COM object interface, rather than through the GUI dialog boxes. Q: does anyone know how to do this?

or,, I see mention of  something called VocTool,  but I do not seem to have that  in my Dragon installation. Q:  Does VocTool still  exist, and work with  DPI and DPG 15.x?   Q: is VocTool  available to ordinary users, or is/was it something that was only available to consultants, people with a special relationship with Nuance/Dragon?

-------------------------

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

04/12/2021 01:02 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You've had a number of problems which appear to be Dragon or computer-related. If you have already uninstalled and reinstalled Dragon, you probably have a computer problem. Dragon shouldn't take 4 minutes to open a user profile or limit you to importing 100 words. Importing or deleting vocabulary entries should make no difference. Our KnowBrainer Medical vocabularies are typically include 5000+ words. We couldn't imagine breaking that down into 50 imports.

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

04/12/2021 01:36 PM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt You've had a number of problems which appear to be Dragon or computer-related. If you have already uninstalled and reinstalled Dragon, you probably have a computer problem. Dragon shouldn't take 4 minutes to open a user profile or limit you to importing 100 words. Importing or deleting vocabulary entries should make no difference. Our KnowBrainer Medical vocabularies are typically include 5000+ words. We couldn't imagine breaking that down into 50 imports.

By now I have used Dragon on 4 different laptops,  and on most of them I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least once -  not just Dragon, but also the operating system, from scratch, no propagation of old user files.

similar  problems with Dragon on all of them.

IMHO it is quite  unlikely that all of these  different PCs, and different fresh installations of Windows, have problems.

the common factor is Dragon.

Although ... 3 of the PCs were Microsoft Windows Surface Books.    The 4th  is a Dell.   at the moment, I am using one Surface Book and one Dell. All of them were convertible 2-in-1 PCs.    although I love convertible PCs, the Microsoft Surface Book hinge has been notoriously unreliable, as were the batteries in the earliest Surface Books.   the Dell was and is very loud,  and when I first got it I suspected that  the fan noise was causing Dragon reliability problems.  

Anyway, as I have reported elsewhere  I have found at least one cause  of the four-minute load times.

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

04/13/2021 03:18 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

Actually answer your question:

The book tool is still available, if you want a copy, p.m. me. Basically, it is the Import Words and the Learn From Documents function rolled into one tool, with the option to save the result in a vocabulary slot not accessible to normal users, and hence more stable against inadvertent changes.

I don't think you can use it to import small batches of vocabulary automatically.

As an aside, I have found that when the import of a large wordlist goes awry, this is normally due to some faulty entries in the word list. It's easy to find out which word was imported last. Delete the following word from the word list and resume importing.

Hope that helps, Stephan

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

04/14/2021 12:49 AM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Stephan Kuepper ...when the import of a large wordlist goes awry, this is normally due to some faulty entries in the word list. It's easy to find out which word was imported last. Delete the following word from the word list and resume importing. Hope that helps, Stephan

That doesn't be the problem I have run into recently. All of my custom words  seem to have been imported,  i.e. they appear when you look at the Vocabulary Editor.   but depending the ...  some arrangements or orders of custom words and deletions of standard words cause great performance slowdowns  and/or some  elements in the spoken form side of a custom word written\\spoken form to be treated as empty strings or utterances

04/13/2021 11:21 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

AG, the VocTool API is still around, providing what you are looking for, and then some more.

I will contact you via email in a couple of days, once I have something working. I did all that way back in the past, and just need to dig it up once more.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

04/17/2021 03:33 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Ag,

As advertised, I have now finished something which you might be interested in, as it is meant to respond to your initial request as regards being able to not only add words, but also remove words from the vocabulary programmatically, based on and engaging the Dragon VocTool interfaces and methods.

As indicated, I have been meaning to contact you via email, but unfortunately, in trying to look up our previous conversation, it seems that it got lost, so this is why I'm bringing up this here.

To give you, and maybe anyone else who might be interested, some kind of introduction, I will post a screenshot of the Quick Start PDF coming along with it for the time being.

If you, or anyone else, is interested in learning more about it, please feel free to contact me one way or the other.

DragonCapture Homepage

04/18/2021 04:03 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

It would, however, be much nicer to be able to manipulate the vocabulary from via the COM object interface, rather than through the GUI dialog boxes. Q: does anyone know how to do this?

Yup. This is what my programming is all about, specifically also with regards to the VocTool API.

DragonCapture Homepage

04/25/2021 03:27 PM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

Thanks Rudiger. I will message you OOB.

Q: where is the VocTool API documented? (Perhaps by Intellisense - but what do I start with?)

I would always much rather code it myself than access use a GUI program. Easier to automate.

But, I am happy to pay you something nominal for your tool. A GUI tool now sooner is better than an easy to automate tool later, although the later is better in the long run.

04/25/2021 04:01 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Ag,

Thanks for getting back, and for the PM. I sent you another email hoping this one will make it through, also involving another contributor to this forum who might chime in.

No need for paying a fee of any kind at this point, where it is more of a testing bed. Let's just see what we can make of it.

RĂ¼diger

DragonCapture Homepage

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » VocTool?

Statistics
32127 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 303 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 303 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.