KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dragon sending too many keypresses on one computer but not the other
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/22/2021 09:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 03/22/2021 09:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wristofdoom
Top-Tier Member

I have two computers. I have the same version of Dragon Professional Individual installed on both. I use many of the same applications on both computers. I have the same brand of microphone for both computers.

On computer 1, there are some applications where Dragon will send text with a lot of extra keypresses causing typos.

for  examplle, this is  what iit looks  like  when I dicctate thiis senntence iinto a certaain app.

In order to get good dictation in some of these problematic applications, I need to dictate into certain apps using dictation transfer box, rather than dictating into the application directly.

However, on computer 2, I dictate the same stuff into the exact same app, and it sends the correct amount of keypresses and looks perfect.

Is there some difference in the Dragon Settings on computer 1 compared to computer 2 that is causing this issue?

Or is there a setting in Windows that has to do with keypress speed that could be causing the difference?

Any advice appreciated. This is driving me nuts.

-------------------------

Dragon Professional Individual v15.6. Windows 10. Knowbrainer 2017.

03/23/2021 01:16 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Unfortunately, it's just bad luck. We temporarily ran into the same problem on our office computer. Rebooting resolved the issue but DragonCapture eliminates/prevents the problem entirely by rapidly directly depositing one letter at a time. No more having to transfer your text from the Dictation Box or another app.

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

03/23/2021 12:34 PM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

I'm also experiencing this, just in the last few days and just on Chrome. As with Lunis, rebooting resolves the issue temporarily but after a couple of days of uptime it seems to come back. I'm not using DragonCapture but using Speech Pro's basic dictation box also resolves the issue. As soon as the issue appears the problem seems to accelerate - going from occasionally to frequently.

-Edgar
DPI 15.3, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, OpenOffice & Office 365, Norton Security, Shure X2U XLR to USB mic adapter with Audio Technica DB135 vocal mic, Asus X299-Deluxe Prime, Intel Core i9-7940X (14 core, 4.3 GHz overclocked to 4.9 GHz), G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3333 (PC4 26600) F4-3333C16Q-64GTZ, NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB graphics card with 3 1920x1080 monitors

03/25/2021 04:33 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

Seems like you are dictating into apps that aren't Dragon-friendly. Anything can happen with these. Part of the information on how Dragon handles these apps is stored in nsuser.ini, which is Windows user specific. Therefore, you may experience different behaviour on the same computer with different Windwos users.

Nsuser.ini is located in %appdata%\Nuance somewhere. Often it helps to shut down Dragon, rename the file, and restart Dragon (which will then create a new file). I think that Lindsay (monkey8) has written extensively on this.

Hope that helps, Stephan

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

Statistics
32177 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 301 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 302 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.