KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: new Dragon update just won't work properly
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/18/2021 06:22 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 new Dragon update just won't work properly   - crashhot - 01/18/2021 06:22 AM  
 new Dragon update just won't work properly   - Matt_Chambers - 01/18/2021 08:57 AM  
 new Dragon update just won't work properly   - crashhot - 01/18/2021 09:52 AM  
 new Dragon update just won't work properly   - Matt_Chambers - 01/18/2021 11:39 AM  
 new Dragon update just won't work properly   - David.P - 01/18/2021 10:08 AM  
 new Dragon update just won't work properly   - crashhot - 02/01/2021 12:46 PM  
Keyword
 01/18/2021 06:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
crashhot

hi guys, have any of you experienced problems with the new 15.6 upgrade?

I didn't even know there was going to be an upgrade and I have been a long-time Dragon user without many major problems, anyway, the upgrade notification arrived so I downloaded and installed according to instruction.

Ever since then, I've had nothing but problems, basically I can't get it to operate for longer than a few minutes without just ignoring me or all my instructions.

I've tried upgrading, I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling just with the new version, it's so unstable that I've had to go back to my old version of 15.0 (which has somehow not picked up my profile which I also can't find so I have none of my learned phrases built up over more than a decade!)

I'm very frustrated, for a start, can anybody tell me where I can find the profile that are used in 15.6 just so I can put my words back?

anybody else got any clues?

also, if anyone has the file to upgrade to 15.3 that would be appreciated, I can only find the upgrade to 15.6 now and I do not want that!

01/18/2021 08:57 AM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

In 15.61, profiles were moved to the appdata folder (Typically C:\Windows\Users\[user name]\AppData\Nuance).
 01/18/2021 09:52 AM

Author Icon
crashhot

Originally posted by: Matt_Chambers In 15.61, profiles were moved to the appdata folder (Typically C:\Windows\Users\[user name]\AppData\Nuance).

Thank you, I found my old profile and managed to reinstate it working with 15.3 (I found an old copy of that as well somewhere badly labelled), I'm back to where I started and it all works again (thankfully)

I would still like to know though why the new version was so bloody awful straight out of the box?

01/18/2021 11:39 AM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

No idea. It works great for me, but I know other people have had problems. Did you try making a new profile?

01/18/2021 10:08 AM

Author Icon
David.P
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: crashhot

Ever since [upgrading to version 15.6], I've had nothing but problems, basically I can't get it to operate for longer than a few minutes without just ignoring me or all my instructions.

While not every few minutes but more like every few hours, I am seeing this as well.

-------------------------

Sennheiser MKH Mic
Visual & Acoustic Feedback + Automatic Mic Control
Edits due to outdated forum software

02/01/2021 12:46 PM

Author Icon
crashhot

after a little while trying to get this to work, I just couldn't, it seems to lock up after a while.

When it's listening, it's good, but it just doesn't want to wake up again after the "go-to-sleep" command, sometimes ignoring the spoken word altogether!

Anyway, with the help of you guys I have found my old profile and reinstall 15.3 which seems to work fine for me so I'm sticking with it.

I have to say I am incredibly disappointed, this is the first time an upgrade to this product has made it unusable for me and because of my access needs, this is incredibly important to my everyday life so I can't forward to mess about with it.

I'm just really glad I've managed to get a working iteration back from my everyday use

Statistics
31935 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 565 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 565 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.