KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Is it possible to call dgnEngine from C# to have Dragon run a command?
Topic Summary: Kind of like running HeardWord from an external program
Created On: 01/03/2021 01:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 01/04/2021 04:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Hi Kevin,

I think this is what you are asking for. I have attached a C# executable compiled from a C# project which took 30 minutes to produce using components supplied with a standard Dragon installation, DPI or DPG and visual studio 17. The application will explain itself when you run it but basically it shows you Dragon voice commands added into your application and it also demonstrates utilising existing Dragon voice commands in your application using the Dragon API, the application of course need not have a window. You will notice that calling an existing dragon command is instant unlike using heardword or recognitionMimic with scripting. You could always disassemble it to see how it's done or use our consultancy which is available for companies wanting to do this sort of thing. 

You don't do it the way that has been described above in the relevant posts but it can be done as you can see when you run the executable. Let me know if it doesn't run for some reason.

Lindsay

EDIT: to download the zip file you need to right click on it and then choose "save Link as". I have also digitally signed the latest attachment to save you getting various warning screens when you try to run the unzipped executable.. You will however get a warning about downloading a zip file from KnowBrainer which you can ignore.

-------------------------

Statistics
32000 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 525 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 527 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.