Dragon 15.61 Loading and Other Problem   - jgold55 - 12/31/2020 10:52 AM  
 Dragon 15.61 Loading and Other Problem   - Alan Cantor - 12/31/2020 11:33 AM  
 Dragon 15.61 Loading and Other Problem   - jgold55 - 12/31/2020 12:08 PM  
Keyword
 12/31/2020 10:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jgold55
Top-Tier Member

Not sure what happened but yesterday it seemed 2 profiles  became corrupted.  Dragon would hang forever and never load with either.  Only way was to make a brand new profile.

Of interest also, a section of my Patient Notes that I was always able to dictate directly into and use macros, now I am unable to dictate a macro unless I first dictate into the Dragon Capture box and manually/vocally transfer it. Even exiting Dragon Capture does not change this function.

Not sure if there has been some update somewhere but also I think my computer crashed or didn't go into sleep mode normally when closing the lid.  Required a cold restart.  

Any ideas? 

Thanks.

-------------------------

HP Pavillion dv7;Windows 10 Home; i7 2670-QM @2.2 GHz; 16GB RAM; DPI 15.61; Knowbrainer 2017; Dragon Capture; SpeechStart +; Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC/ML;  Addasound SR2701

12/31/2020 11:33 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

In the past, Dragon seems to have been more stable when I regularly shut down my computer. I used to shut down once a day.

Now that I am running Windows 10, I notice fewer issues like the ones you are describing. I even allow my computer to enter sleep mode while Dragon is running, which was one of my former no-nos. But if the problems you are experiencing appear to be related to your computer entering sleep mode, try changing Power Option settings so to prevent sleep mode. And for good measure, shut down your computer regularly. It can't hurt.

Soon after I installed DPI 15.61, Dragon slowed to a crawl, and my computer hung several times a day. And then one day, everything worked fine. I don't think I did anything special beyond normal maintenance, such as checking the Startup group for newly-installed applications that unnecessarily start when I reboot my computer.

But I think the more likely reason for my temporary instability issues was that a supernova exploded a billion years ago. The combination of neutrinos and tachyons emitted by the explosion passed through my computer and flipped a few bits!
 12/31/2020 12:08 PM

jgold55
Top-Tier Member

Alan: 

Thanks for the reply.  I think one of those cosmic particles hit my computer yesterday.  I will go through your suggestions.  Even ran a Glary Utilities scan.

I have more recently been having to restart frequently as Dragon would freeze for no apparent reason.  Seems like if I did a correction then all of the sudden microphone would go into sleep mode and would not respond to a "wake up" call.  Even SpeechStart+ would not respond.

Would have to use my DragonKiller.bat file (from the late Dan ) to kill and then restart it.

Dragon also starts much faster by itself than when starting with Knowbrainer.  Sometimes it seems Knowbrainer gets in the way of Dragon Capture although it was much better with a new profile. 

-------------------------

HP Pavillion dv7;Windows 10 Home; i7 2670-QM @2.2 GHz; 16GB RAM; DPI 15.61; Knowbrainer 2017; Dragon Capture; SpeechStart +; Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC/ML;  Addasound SR2701

Statistics
31935 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 499 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 499 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.