Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Correct spelling recognition   - dmwilson - 10/06/2020 11:40 AM  
 Correct spelling recognition   - Lunis Orcutt - 10/06/2020 04:24 PM  
Keyword
 10/06/2020 11:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dmwilson

Hi.  I have an old version, 13, and I am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the newest version?  I use it a lot every day with my job, rapidly repeating back what someone is saying.  Does the newer version have better accuracy?  Also, this is how I change a word.  I go into Vocabulary Editor, find the word, click on properties and change it.  Is that the best way to do it?  For example, sometimes it types out the words question mark instead of actually putting the question mark symbol.  I have changed it in Vocabulary Editor, and it still occasionally does it.  I also changed the word fair to fare for one job that I had, and now it will not change it back to fair.  Can someone please tell me the steps to changing words if that is not the right way?  Thanks, and I hope I made this clear enough!  

10/06/2020 04:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

It's best to avoid generic terms like Ver. 13 with these types of questions. For example, if you're using Pro 13, you are eligible for the DPI 15.6 Upgrade but if you are using Premium or Home Edition 13 then you will need a full installation of DPI 15.6. You might also consider updating your member profile where it appears that you listed your private phone number as your microphone model. You should fix that. Now to your questions…

DEFINITELY! Dragon 13 isn't even fully Windows 10 compatible but there are many other important features such as a brand-new speech engine (somewhat more accurate), Deep Learning, full Microsoft 365 support and twice as fast as Ver. 13 (only requires half of the previous computer resources). Our KnowBrainer Dragon 15 Review is somewhat dated but might be worth checking.

Dragon's Vocabulary Editor is its most powerful personal dictation feature. The more words you dictate, in a single utterance, the more likely Dragon will use the correct forms of dictation and punctuation. Fair vs fare is an easy Dragon mistake because when Dragon doesn't know any better, it will always use the word “fair” (most likely choice). There are 4 different ways to edit the Vocabulary Editor and your choice is effective.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » Correct spelling recognition

Statistics
32127 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 314 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 317 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.