KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Can I force DNS 15 Pro to work with an app?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/04/2020 12:14 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Can I force DNS 15 Pro to work with an app?   - Robert Z - 10/04/2020 12:14 AM  
 Can I force DNS 15 Pro to work with an app?   - R. Wilke - 10/04/2020 05:23 AM  
 Can I force DNS 15 Pro to work with an app?   - Robert Z - 10/05/2020 12:22 AM  
 Can I force DNS 15 Pro to work with an app?   - Robert Z - 10/05/2020 12:23 AM  
 Can I force DNS 15 Pro to work with an app?   - Lunis Orcutt - 10/05/2020 06:15 PM  
 Can I force DNS 15 Pro to work with an app?   - R. Wilke - 10/05/2020 11:27 AM  
 Can I force DNS 15 Pro to work with an app?   - Lunis Orcutt - 10/04/2020 02:28 PM  
Keyword
 10/04/2020 12:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Robert Z

Greetings to the group,

Are there ways to force DNS 15 to work with a particular application? I have KnowBrainer 2017 but have not been able to utilize its power as I'm not well-trained in this regard; I also lost the user manual during the move.

The two particular applications are 'mind manager' from mind jet and 'concept draw'. 

I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction to get started on this. Currently I have to use the dictation box, highlight, cut, click, paste,....., way too many steps. I need to dictate directly into the application/s.

Thank you in advance

10/04/2020 05:23 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Currently I have to use the dictation box, highlight, cut, click, paste,....., way too many steps. I need to dictate directly into the application/s.

I can feel the pain. Having to trigger a dictation box over and over again soon gets old. How about using an alternate solution which does it all for you, so you dictate as if you were using a supported app, and you are done with it? Here is the deal.

Download the DragonCapture installer (a small MSI), but before running it, close down Dragon. After installation has completed, restart Dragon which will load DragonCapture automatically. (You are probably getting the idea by now, it is all about automating.)

The first time it is run, you need to create a free 30 day trial license, just follow the prompts in the license wizard. You need to enter your email address once, when creating the license, and you need to be connected to the Internet, so as to access the license server. All of this at no cost for you, and with no strings attached.

Now, when starting Dragon, the DragonCapture box will pop up in the top-left corner of the screen, and just leave it "as is", and don't touch it. Although the box may look like just another dictation box, it isn't meant to dictate into actually. Technically, it wouldn't even have to be there. And also, go with the default settings at first. Basically, you might as well ignore it, and I am pointing all of this out just because people are so used to being distracted by all the rummage coming their way when working with dictation boxes.

So, just to summarise: the DragonCapture box is NOT a dictation box.

Back on topic now. With the box started in the default settings, put the cursor into your non-supported app, start to dictate, and magically, your dictation will show up in the target whenever you finish an utterance. (It won't make other things go away like a miracle, though, but we are working on it.)

If you are not happy with the result, just say "Remove This" (not "That" or whatever), and dictate again.

That's all there is to it, in the default settings. The box will only operate for when you are in a non-supported app, and it will step back if you are not.

If you find the box in the way, or if you don't want it to operate, hide the box by saying "Hide Box". To bring up the hidden box, say "Show Box".

There are a lot of options which you can use to change the appearance and the way it works, but these are default settings enabling you to work with it from the the get-go, in situations which is has been designed for, and without any further hassle involved.

-------------------------

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

10/05/2020 12:22 AM

Author Icon
Robert Z

Boom Baby! Problem solved. Hide box and dictate away! 

R. Wilke, thank you very much.

Lunis, I'm not familiar with VisualBasic II.......yet. 

10/05/2020 12:23 AM

Author Icon
Robert Z

I meant verbal basic:-/ my bad

10/05/2020 06:15 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You had the term VerbalBasic II right the 1st time  You'll find VB II details in the KnowBrainer Manual the short answer is utilizing WYSWYS (What You See Is What You Say) to create Visual Basic Advanced-Scripting commands. VB II has been Trump Tested (if Eric can do it, so can you)

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

10/05/2020 11:27 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Robert Z Boom Baby! Problem solved. Hide box and dictate away! 

R. Wilke, thank you very much.

Lunis, I'm not familiar with VisualBasic II.......yet. 

Ha, nice find! This actually comes as a side-effect to it. When hiding the box, global dictation (NaturalText), or, as Lunis puts it, "dumb dictation" will be forced, because the opposite is forced when the box is active. So you will never have to fight with losing global dictation again, or fiddling in nsuser.ini, for that matter.

You can take it as a goodie which comes for free. Enjoy.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

10/04/2020 02:28 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

You've already got the ability to easily create personal Dragon commands, by way of KnowBrainer VerbalBasic II. Adding the ability to directly dictate, via DragonCapture is the other 50% of that equation which should pretty much cover it

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

Statistics
32132 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 440 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 440 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.