KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "EMR restriction" error from web page title
Topic Summary: Title of web GUI triggers "Program not supported. See "EMR restriction" in Help" error
Created On: 07/30/2020 11:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - aberk - 07/30/2020 11:09 PM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - Alan Cantor - 07/31/2020 12:01 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - Stephan Kuepper - 07/31/2020 03:03 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - PG LTU - 07/31/2020 10:46 AM  
 EMR restriction error from web page title   - Alan Cantor - 07/31/2020 11:29 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - Mav - 07/31/2020 03:19 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - aberk - 08/02/2020 02:18 PM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title Medicare   - Steve Morris - 11/26/2020 09:15 PM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title Medicare   - Mav - 11/27/2020 02:28 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - monkey8 - 11/27/2020 09:08 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - Steve Morris - 11/29/2020 04:16 PM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - monkey8 - 11/30/2020 04:45 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - PG LTU - 11/30/2020 10:17 AM  
 "EMR restriction" error from web page title   - Steve Morris - 11/30/2020 03:58 PM  
Keyword
 07/30/2020 11:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aberk

Greetings,

I am using DNS Professional Individual v 15.30.000.006 on Windows 10.

I just loaded up a Raspberry Pi with OpenMediaVault. OpenMediaVault is meant to be controlled through a web GUI on another system.  In both Firefox and Chrome, I received the following Dragon error when going to the OpenMediaVault GUI:

"Program not supported. See "EMR restriction" in Help"

I learned that the EMR restriction error occurs when DNS Pro thinks it's looking at an Electronic Medical Records system.  OpenMediaVault is definitely not one of these systems.

I will paste Nuance's response to my request for help below.  It was extremenly unhelpful.

My girlfriend and I decided to narrow down the problem ourselves. We took the HTML from the OpenMediaVault GUI, pasted it into a new file, and then started taking out lines until I could access the page with Dragon and not trigger the EMR error. We then went through multiple steps of adding a few lines back in until we triggered the EMR error again.  The offending code is as follows:

<html id="ext-element-3"><head>
        <title>openmediavault control panel</title>
    </head>
    <body>42</body></html>

Note that, in order to consistently replicate the error, I sometimes had to Alt+Tab away from Firefox and back before turning the microphone on.

Nothing in those four lines is an Electronic Medical Records system.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? 

My email conversation with Nuance (before testing, highlighting mine):

Me:

Hello,

I am accessing a tool called OpenMediaVault through a web GUI. OpenMediaVault is a Linux operating system for creating a network attached storage (NAS) device. Within seconds of going to OpenMediaVault's login page, I receive an error from Dragon saying "Program not supported. See 'EMR restriction' in Help". After the error, I cannot use any tab in the browser window containing OpenMediaVault.

After doing some research, I learned that all versions of Dragon except Medical Edition stop working when they think they are accessing an Electronic Medical Records system. I can guarantee that OpenMediaVault is not a medical records system. How do I fix this problem?

Nuance:

Thank you for contacting Nuance Technical Support.  This email is regarding the issue that you were encountering with Dragon 15 Professional.

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Since you are using dragon 15 professional there are specific program that will work on it and your OpenMediaVault is not tested and listed as one of the compatible application that will work. I have provided you a link below list of compatible applications that will work with Dragon 15 Professional. When it comes to Emr the version of dragon that will work on it is Dragon Medical the current version is 4.

Link for the compatible application that will work with dragon 15 professional

Me:

To clarify, the application I am using is Mozilla Firefox, which is on the list of compatible applications.  I am accessing OpenMediaVault's web interface, which allows someone to control the system from the web browser.  It is not a separate application.  Perhaps there is a keyword it is flagging on? How do we fix this problem?

I have been a loyal Dragon user since 2000.  Dragon has helped me achieve unmatched access to a computer.  I have confidence that we can work through this together.

Nuance:

Thank you for contacting Nuance Technical Support.  This email is regarding the issue that you were encountering with Dragon 15 Professional.

You may navigate within the firefox interface but not if you will access specific web like OpenMediaVault's. Dragon is not really tested to work on that interface.

07/31/2020 12:01 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

I'm sorry you're having to deal with such nonsense. I contacted Nuance recently about a curious problem I was experiencing in the Command Browser -- I have reason to believe that I stumbled on a bug in DPI 15.3.

The senior support person who I was eventually transferred to told me they aren't trained to answer questions about the Command Browser, and suggested I contact my own "IT department." (But I'm my own IT department!) When I asked the support person whether Dragon's developers might be interested to learn about this possible bug, he told me there was nothing more he could do.

One would think Nuance would be happy to hear about problems like these!

07/31/2020 03:03 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

The Nuance support people that deal with consumer requests are usually call centre slaves who definitely are "not trained to answer questions about (insert anything beyond Microsoft Office here)". You can't expect those to solve issues on this level of complexity. You can also rely on quality management to have one look at your issue and decide that you set up is so unusual that they will not spend a single second of their top, or send off their fortune, to solve it – all the more so since you have found a workaround.

Sorry, but that's the way these large companies work.

Cheers, Stephan

-------------------------

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

07/31/2020 10:46 AM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Alan Cantor  a curious problem I was experiencing in the Command Browser -- I have reason to believe that I stumbled on a bug in DPI 15.3

More details, pls! Has this problem been resolved in 15.6?  For me, the issue with included modules having errors (i.e., with the '''#Uses module.bas) causing a loss of the original command (which gets overwritten with the module code) remains (as well, missing the trigger for References, which requires Alt+Enter, and is missing the right-click option; and as well as breaking the preview part of the window).

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

07/31/2020 11:29 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

More details, pls! Has this problem been resolved in 15.6?

Hi Philip,

I wrote about the issue months ago on this forum, but I didn't find a solution or a workaround. I'll wait until DPI 15.6 to see if the issue is resolved, and if not, I'll re-post.

Alan

07/31/2020 03:19 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Hi!

Nuance has gone through some lengths to disallow Dragon Professional (btw. that not only targets DPI but DPG as well) to be used with "medical" applications.

Only Dragon Medical is "allowed" for this purpose.

In order to achieve this Nuance has compiled a list of medical systems that are blocked by the "cheap" editions.

Medical systems are being identified by a combination of their executable name, window class name and/or window title.

Since browser-based medical applications cannot be identified using the executable (the browser itself) or window class names, the only way is to look at some properties of the HTML page (I guess mostly the document title).

I'm pretty sure you're simply suffering from a "false positive" on the behalf of Nuance's identification of medical systems, because your title _contains_ "Open Med".

If you have any chance to change the title to something else, chances are that DPI will work on the Media Center page again.

HTH,

mav

08/02/2020 02:18 PM

Author Icon
aberk

We found and fixed the problem.  As Mav pointed out, "Open Media Vault" (without spaces) contains "Open Med" (without spaces) which is an EMR.  See this extremely helpful thread from Open Media Vault on to change the title of its webpage and fix the error.

Thanks for everyone's support.

11/26/2020 09:15 PM

Author Icon
Steve Morris
Top-Tier Member

I find the "EMR Restriction" issue frustrating. I have one DPG 15.6 user who gets it but only for specific emails that come through in Outlook. When the user forwards me those emails, I get the EMR restriction too. I found that if I delete the subject, the EMR message is no longer triggered. The subject field has the word medicare in it. Even if I delete that one word from the subject leaving the rest, Dragon will work. Medicare is and has been a long standing Australian government service. Part of that word is "icare". There is iCare.com an EMR enterprise. To my mind, this is an absurdity. Who would make it such that their software will stop working if the program being used mentions words or part words that match banned software for this version of Dragon? I wonder why, when Dragon finds something that sounds like an EMR, that it then doesn't check that executable being used isn't something like Outlook? This is extra frustrating for this particular Dragon user because they have not been able to use Dragon in Outlook with the addon enabled for many versions of Dragon. We believe this is because that a shared mailbox that has over 500 folders in it. This is just a note. I don't believe there is a fix apart from Nuance doing something. Judging by the fact that there are EMR restriction discussions going back years on this forum, it sounds like Nuance never will.

Steve 

11/27/2020 02:28 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Yes, this is very frustrating, but it's very unlikely for Nuance to change anything in this regard.

They've included a set of rules to find out whether or not a given window "belongs to" a medical system.

These rules do contain checks for certain executable names, but since many EMR systems (at least in the US) are web based, Nuance cannot simply ban all browsers.

Because of this they also check the window title for web applications (which led to your error on the Open Media Vault page).

Why this check also is triggered for Outlook is beyond me, but probably it has something to do with the way emails are being composed.

Usually, their content is saved as HTML with a plain text version alongside the formatted HTML version.

Dragon seems to identify your Outlook email window as some kind of browser (because it displays HTML) and to prioritize this finding over the executable name. But there seems to be even more than meets the eye.

I wasn't able to trigger the EMR restriction in my DLG 15.6 German even after setting the page title of my test web page (displayed in Chrome) to something containing "Medicare" or "Open Media Vault".

I strongly doubt Nuance will do anything about this problem - even more now that they're switching to DMO more and more (see the end-of-life announcement for DMPE thread).

Regards,

mav

11/27/2020 09:08 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Steve Morris I find the "EMR Restriction" issue frustrating. I have one DPG 15.6 user who gets it but only for specific emails that come through in Outlook. When the user forwards me those emails, I get the EMR restriction too. I found that if I delete the subject, the EMR message is no longer triggered. The subject field has the word medicare in it. Even if I delete that one word from the subject leaving the rest, Dragon will work. Medicare is and has been a long standing Australian government service. Part of that word is "icare". There is iCare.com an EMR enterprise. To my mind, this is an absurdity. Who would make it such that their software will stop working if the program being used mentions words or part words that match banned software for this version of Dragon? I wonder why, when Dragon finds something that sounds like an EMR, that it then doesn't check that executable being used isn't something like Outlook? This is extra frustrating for this particular Dragon user because they have not been able to use Dragon in Outlook with the addon enabled for many versions of Dragon. We believe this is because that a shared mailbox that has over 500 folders in it. This is just a note. I don't believe there is a fix apart from Nuance doing something. Judging by the fact that there are EMR restriction discussions going back years on this forum, it sounds like Nuance never will.

Hi Steve,

With Outlook if you have the offending email open in the review pain ONLY does it still cause the restriction? Or does it only cause the problem when you open the email in its own separate window?

11/29/2020 04:16 PM

Author Icon
Steve Morris
Top-Tier Member

Hi Mr Monkey, 

Great suggestion. I have just quickly checked and no the EMR restriction was not triggered when I stopped Outlook messages popping out for replies and forwards. 

I will test this with the person today. Great pick up. Thanks very much. 

Steve 

11/30/2020 04:45 AM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Hi Steve,

You're welcome. Basically the EMR restriction with Outlook is simply reading the window title, it's not that clever.  If you leave the email in the review pane then Outlook will not change the window title and thus the window title will not include the offending words. If you pop the email out into a separate window then the offending words will be included in the window title.  With browsers and desktop applications it does things differently.

11/30/2020 10:17 AM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

More generically, you can investigate AutoHotKey's "WinSetTitle" which allows changing the window title of any program window.

For IE (if you use it), you can run a Dragon script outside of IE (like on the desktop) that gets or opens the correct browser window (using a loop if you have multiple open tabs, or whatever) and calling it "wb" and then wb.document.title = "Some New Title" should change that title to be non-offending.

YMMV & Couldn't tell you for sure in each case if that is enough to defeat Dragon's EMR check, but give it a try . . .

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

11/30/2020 03:58 PM

Author Icon
Steve Morris
Top-Tier Member

We don't have access to install things like autohotkey in our corporate environment. I appreciate the suggestion and would love to try autohotkey in the future. 

Stopping the Outlook windows from popping out is working as predicted. We are happy with that solution\workaround. 

Thanks again. 

Steve 

Statistics
32173 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 402 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 403 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.