Mouse grid on multiple monitors   - mhaines94108 - 07/29/2012 11:21 AM  
 Mouse grid on multiple monitors   - jask - 05/10/2013 04:08 AM  
 Mouse grid on multiple monitors   - Bruce Tjosvold - 05/10/2013 12:39 PM  
 Mouse grid on multiple monitors   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/10/2013 06:33 PM  
Keyword
 07/29/2012 11:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mhaines94108

I got frustrated not being able to do mouse grid on multiple monitors, so I had someone create a prototype for me. I have attached it. Again, it's a prototype. I'd be interested in hearing what people want in the ultimate "mouse grid" application.

To use:

say "Open gridWindow" – NOTE:  the gridWindow doesn't quit when you click the mouse.  It's still active.  You have to press x to make it quit.  Also, it's easy to accidentally end up with multiple instances running.  Remember:  IT'S A PROTOTYPE.

1 (say "press 1") – select a monitor, using a number from 1 to n, n being the number of monitors you have.

2 (say "press 2") – select a grid cell to zoom to, using a number from 1 to 9, as normal for DNS

[repeat]

m (say "press m") – left click the mouse

Other commands:

r (say "press r") – restart the zooming process on the selected monitor with the grid covering the whole monitor

s (say "press s") – restart the process from the beginning by selecting a monitor

x (say "press x") – close the application

gridWindow.exe
gridWindow.exe  (42 KB)

05/10/2013 04:08 AM

jask
Power Member

Hi,

nice little tool, thanks for providing it. Works fine for me on Win7 64. But I think it should quit when you click the mouse and not require X to do so. Also a right-click function would be nice.
 05/10/2013 12:39 PM

Bruce Tjosvold
Top-Tier Member

You could close by saying "press alt F4", or any Dragon command that closes an application.  Since I have Pro, I created a command that execute Alt+F4.

That keystoke combination is a Windows shortcut to close the active application.

-------------------------

DPI 15.00.000.076

05/10/2013 06:33 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

An alternative approach would be Lindsay's new SpeechStart+ version 6.3.1 utility (coming very soon). The previous SpeechStart+ application would allow you to turn the microphone on when it was completely off (not just in the Asleep state) and would additionally allow you to re-launch NaturallySpeaking when it freezes or crashes (which of course never happens). It would even re-launch KnowBrainer with NaturallySpeaking but the new SpeechStart+ utility (denoted by the + sign) includes a new numbering system similar to WSR and ShowNumbersPlus; only on steroids. You can even number everything in the Windows taskbar.

A mouse grid that works across multiple monitors is awesome but perhaps a more effective option would be the ability to number every control, button and position in any Window on any monitor; even minimized applications. Simply switch to the appropriate monitor by saying switch to <application name or Window name> followed by saying SHOW numbers, SHOW flags or SHOW circles; to name a few. This approach should be significantly faster and isn't limited to a specific monitor. The disadvantage of the mouse grid is having to work your way down through the grid. In any “in focus” Window, you are never more than a single command way from your goal and in a Window or application that isn't in view, you are never more than 2 commands away from your goal. SpeechStart+ also includes the ability to right-click and double-click coordinates. Simply saying the number is equivalent to left clicking an XY coordinate.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » Mouse grid on multiple monitors

Statistics
31827 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 495 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 495 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.