Mousegrid + cursor   - BigBearJoe - 09/13/2012 03:07 PM  
 Mousegrid + cursor   - monkey8 - 09/13/2012 03:35 PM  
 Mousegrid + cursor   - BigBearJoe - 09/13/2012 03:50 PM  
 Mousegrid + cursor   - monkey8 - 09/13/2012 04:18 PM  
Keyword
 02/26/2011 12:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

JoG

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and from Dragon Professional 10 to 10.1. Since the upgrades, mousegrid has not been working properly. It appears on the screen and works normally for the first 2 times I say numbers in the grid. But after that the cursor jumps outside the grid and it no longer works. Would be grateful for any solutions. Thanks.
 09/13/2012 03:07 PM

Author Icon
BigBearJoe
Power Member

One of my students has the same issue when using Dragon 11.5 and Windows 7. I've asked the same question on the forum and have also done a search of older posts but no one seems to have a solution.

Some people have mentioned making sure that the text display size is set to the default "smaller 100%" setting. But but we verified that the problem still occurs at this default setting.

Additionally, the MouseGrid seems to function normally in some programs but not in others. The problem is the MouseGrid disappears when you try to issue the third focusing number. That is to say a command like "MouseGrid 1, 3" works just fine but a command like "MouseGrid 1, 3, 6, 4" does not. Again in this example, the MouseGrid will disappear when the user says "6". It also does not make a difference if the "gridding" numbers are broken up. For instance, first saying "MouseGrid 1, 3" and then continuing with "6, 4" still does not prevent the MouseGrid from disappearing with the third focusing number.

Anyone have any ideas?

-------------------------

HOME: Gateway DX4831, Intel Core i5-650, 3.2 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional, Dragon Professional Individual 15, KnowBrainer 2012, Firefox 47, Microsoft Office 2013, Speechware 3-in-1 Table Mike WORK: Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq dc7700p Convertible, Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional, Dragon Professional 12, Jabra GN9350, Realtek HD Audio soundcard

09/13/2012 03:35 PM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Joe you have obviously looked at this problem very closely and thanks for your summary of what you have found. If it is possible can I do a quick remote connection on one of these machines to have a quick look. I have to limit it to only 15 minutes but that will give me an idea hopefully of what is going on. Otherwise I end up spending up to an hour which is time I really can't afford at the minute.

Alternatively JoG can I do a remote connection to your machine.

Just email me on info@pcbyvoice.com

Lindsay

09/13/2012 03:50 PM

Author Icon
BigBearJoe
Power Member

Lindsay,

Thanks so much for the offer of help. Unfortunately, this issue is only occurring on my students laptop. I have not had this issue with either of my own personal desktop computers. So no, it's not really practical to do a remote connection.

But again, thanks for the offer of help. We were just messing with this yesterday although the problem has been occurring for many months. I believe that the MouseGrid DOES function properly in Internet Explorer but in Microsoft Word or on the desktop the MouseGrid does disappear with the issuance of the third focusing number. I should also mention that he has done a complete uninstall and reinstall of Dragon with no effect.

One other possibility now that I think about it is that he is using some type of third-party mouse pointing macro which is called "my click locations" that can be found on the "speechcomputing.com" website @ http://www.speechcomputing.com/node/3933

HOME: Gateway DX4831, Intel Core i5-650, 3.2 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional, Dragon Professional Individual 15, KnowBrainer 2012, Firefox 47, Microsoft Office 2013, Speechware 3-in-1 Table Mike WORK: Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq dc7700p Convertible, Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 Professional, Dragon Professional 12, Jabra GN9350, Realtek HD Audio soundcard

09/13/2012 04:18 PM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Joe can you tell me if your student is running Windows 7 Windows XP? Depending on the answer or maybe not depending on the answer can you look at trying the following setups.

What is important with this problem is not so much text size in terms of percentage but something called DPI scaling (it basically means dots per inch). So tomorrow or whenever you have access again, let's say you are using Windows 7 or your student is, can you try an experiment by getting the results when you set various text sizes and relevant scaling.

So try 100% with and without Windows XP type scaling

try 125% without windows XP type scaling

try 125% with windows XP type scaling

with Windows 7 you will find this by right clicking on the desktop | Personalise | Display and then choose custom text size (DPI). With the custom box you can set 100% scaling and 125% scaling and quite a lot of other percentages and you can choose with or without Windows XP style DPI scaling. Try some combinations like I mention above and see what happens.

Just a word of warning, sometimes when you check the box it doesn't let you change the Windows XP setting and it appears you can't change it with certain percentages. However just persevere as you can always change it with any text size.

Finally very important is that you must log off and log on again or restart Windows every time you change this setting and then test the MouseGrid again.

Unfortunately we can't rule out the fact that with certain drivers and screen resolutions, refresh rates etc the problem might not be solvable but let's try and see. I'm guessing but it may be that certain manufacturers and writers of the drivers don't implement the rules properly.

Also forgot to say that do you get the same results when you use "MouseGrid "or "MouseGrid Window" which just positions the MouseGrid on the active window.

Lindsay

And another finally, you can often get different results, although you shouldn't, depending on how you operate the the MouseGrid in terms of the commands you use, for example if you say:

"MouseGrid 5 2 2"

or

"MouseGrid 5"

"MouseGrid 2"

"MouseGrid 2"

Also about six months ago after disparaging an item called a head mouse for many years I tried something called the SmartNav HeadMouse and it has simply revolutionised my use of the mouse (I am a quadriplegic). It needs to be set up properly but you can see details below. Only problem is it's quite expensive but the best investment you will ever make as long as you don't have problems with neck movement (even with problems you can set sensitivity so it reacts to only slight head movements).

http://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Dragon Speech Recognition » Mousegrid + cursor

Statistics
31827 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 299 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 302 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.