KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 25% accuracy on words; 0% accuracy on sentences; <50% accuracy on commands. Windows Update from hell?
Topic Summary: Recent terrible accuracy; possibly from Windows Update
Created On: 04/25/2022 12:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 06/05/2022 08:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
HeHe
Power Member

1. I followed your excellent suggestion and created a new user profile. Voilà, speech recognition became acceptable. In order to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I kept using it for some time.
2. So once it seemed to be stable and working properly, I imported my vocabulary from my previous user profile and performed the 28 magic steps you recommend.
3. As soon as I did that, performance went completely into the toilet again.
4. So, I created an additional user profile. And sure enough, that one performed very well. Again, I waited probably a week or more to make sure that indeed was stable and performing well.
5. Since my initial attempt at a new user profile introduced 2 variables: my old vocabulary and the 28 magic steps, I decided to test just a single variable: my vocabulary.
6. After I did that, it still seemed to be doing very well. But I wanted to wait several weeks to be sure it really was okay.
7. And just as I was getting ready to test the 2nd variable – the 28 magic steps – a new version of Firefox – 101.0 was installed.
8. I'm sure I don't even need to tell you what happened: performance went to hell. Not quite as bad, but at a minimum, at least 1 or 2 errors per sentence.
9. Also, almost every day when I shut Dragon down in the hopes they restart will improve it – which occasionally does – Dragon asked to launch accuracy tuning. And I can let it tune away, but it seems to have no impact on improving performance.

I fought Dragon and Dragon won. I would like to request your White Glove service again.

Statistics
32358 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 374 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 375 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.