KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: KnowBrainer Getting Started with the program for commands
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/10/2021 08:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 KnowBrainer Getting Started with the program for commands   - DEdlin - 07/10/2021 08:33 AM  
 KnowBrainer Getting Started with the program for commands   - R. Wilke - 07/10/2021 12:18 PM  
 KnowBrainer Getting Started with the program for commands   - Lunis Orcutt - 07/10/2021 01:44 PM  
 KnowBrainer Getting Started with the program for commands   - DEdlin - 07/12/2021 03:16 AM  
 KnowBrainer Getting Started with the program for commands   - R. Wilke - 07/12/2021 09:53 AM  
Keyword
 07/10/2021 08:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DEdlin

New to KnowBrainer, have used Dragon 15.3 and previous but not for commands.

I would like to use it with an architectural program SoftPlan 2020.

What are the Basic Start videos to watch and try?

Regards

David Edlin

07/10/2021 12:18 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Out of curiosity, and since I work in the buiiding line of business myself, I have taken a look at the SoftPlan software. Wow, kind of expensive, hopefully it is worth it. However, what you are looking for is already avaiblable, provided by the manufacturer, and it is based on the SAPI 5 technology. Have you considered it? Achieving the same with either Dragon itself or by virtue of an add-in would mean an enormous amount of hard work, and probably just reinvent the wheel, if it is doable at all.

-------------------------

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

07/10/2021 01:44 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

Our 1st recommendation would be to upgrade to Ver. 15.61 which should be available through your DragonBar Help menu but doesn't always work. We optionally offer a full non-expiring download w/Installation/User Guide (including details on fixing 3 dozen sandtraps) and other perks. Note that because of the complexity involved, we are charging a $20 service fee. Getting back to your question…

Think about exactly what you want to do. Both Dragon and KnowBrainer 2017 include the ability to create time-saving commands but KnowBrainer kicks it up a notch with it's hands-free (not available in Dragon) highly simplified fast construction capabilities. You might want to check out the VerbalBasic II chapter in the KnowBrainer Manual which includes details and videos.

If you want to dig deeper into writing commands, you might want to check out the late Larry Allen's Scripting for Dragon

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

07/12/2021 03:16 AM

Author Icon
DEdlin

Hi R. Wilke,

Some years ago purchased Softplan due to its render capabilities and BIMs package it contains in addition to the drawing ability, compare that with Auto Cad, and Soft plan is far in advance.

I Have the addition provided by the manufacturer, but many do not get along with it as I don't. It seams to struggle, not hear words, and for many stops after about 30 min use. For myself I have not gone beyond the struggling to get into the Softalk program to get it to do some of the commands as I'm a lot more use to Dragon's smoothness in working. I do know of one lad who uses KnowBrainer for his set up and is very happy, with no problems, hence wanting to dig deeper into KnowBrainer.

Regards

David Edlin
 07/12/2021 09:53 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Hi David,

Thanks for the update. I did watch the video and it seemed to do the trick. However, this is the true nature of demo videos.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

Statistics
32106 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 429 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 430 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.