KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: input-related commands, e.g. "escape", "backspace", "copy", etc. sometimes stop working
Topic Summary: "escape", "backspace", etc. stop working, but the command "Computer" still triggers TTS. What should I do?
Created On: 06/21/2021 11:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 06/21/2021 11:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Twisted_Code
Power Member

I read in another thread that, when in doubt as to whether Dragon is responding to commands correctly, I should try saying "computer" and see if text-to-speech responds "Yes Captain" (or, in my case, "Yes Twisted?". A while back I modified the TTS string to address me better ). I gave that a try, but whereas that worked, commands that use the SendKeys instruction do not seem to be working. The command is recognized as indicated by the Results Box, but nothing happens. Usually when this issue starts happening, I just restart both Dragon and KBPro and it will start working again, but are there any other troubleshooting steps I could try to narrow down the issue in the first place? It seems odd that only a subset of commands would stop working without there being more I could try.

I'm using DNS Premium 13.0 on this computer.

-------------------------

"Don't argue with people who write with digital ink and pay by the kilowatt-hour." ~ Martin Golding

"Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week debugging Monday's code" ~ Dan Salomon

“Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” ~ Linus Torvalds

Statistics
32107 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 305 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 306 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.