Commands and vocabulary   - Ag - 07/16/2021 09:39 PM  
 Commands and vocabulary   - Lunis Orcutt - 07/17/2021 02:58 PM  
 Commands and vocabulary   - Ag - 07/18/2021 06:00 PM  
Keyword
 05/31/2021 05:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

StGeorge
Top-Tier Member

I can see there is more potential to these programs, especially with my arthritis. I know the commands have been updated and are now part of the help, but I was wondering if there is a way to get a written list of these commands? But how to get the vocabulary to work better, of course, that could be because I need to train a little bit better, also.

-------------------------

How do I change my password?

05/31/2021 08:20 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Your KnowBrainer Dragon manual includes pictorial details on using Dragon's Vocabulary Editor beginning on page 34.

You don't need a “written” list of KnowBrainer commands's because you already have a self updating list of every command. It's called the KnowBrainer Sidebar. If you can't see it, say Show Sidebar. It defaults to displaying the global commands in alphabetical order. If you wish to see commands for a specific application, place your cursor in that application and say Show Application Commands. It would be redundant for us to create a list because this is 1 of KnowBrainer's most important features. You can also double-click any command to see what it does. The KnowBrainer Sidebar doubles as your Command Browser.

We also created the KnowBrainer Quickstart which details the top 20 most popular commands with definitions and examples.

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

05/31/2021 09:00 PM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

The KnowBrainer Sidebar is incredibly useful but… It does not allow you to look at application-specific commands unless that application is running. It also does not allow you to distinguish window-specific commands on a per-window basis (I think it does draw the window-specific commands in the application-specific section in a different color but that color is so similar to the regular text color that the difference is invisible on my monitor).

Sometimes you really want a list of all the KnowBrainer commands. I think one of the other coders on this forum wrote a really good application which pulls all of these details out and displays them in a handy window.

On the other hand, if you just want a text list or something which will format nicely in a spreadsheet, you can open the KnowBrainer command file (an XML file) in any reasonably sophisticated editor and, with a little bit of finesse, using RegEx and sorting come up with either a nicely formatted text file or a CSV file for use in a spreadsheet. Creating a text file is a four step process and a CSV file a couple steps more - quite easy to do and I have a macro already written to create the text file so, for me, that is just a one step process.

If you just want the current built-in KnowBrainer commands I would be happy to produce either of these types of files for you. If you have already started writing your own KnowBrainer commands you would have to think about what personal information your commands might be exposing and then decide whether you want to send me your commands for processing.

-Edgar
DPI 15.3, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, OpenOffice & Office 365, Norton Security, Shure X2U XLR to USB mic adapter with Audio Technica DB135 vocal mic, Asus X299-Deluxe Prime, Intel Core i9-7940X (14 core, 4.3 GHz overclocked to 4.9 GHz), G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3333 (PC4 26600) F4-3333C16Q-64GTZ, NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB graphics card with 3 1920x1080 monitors

06/01/2021 11:04 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Edgar,

Application-specific and global commands are
black while Windows specific commands are green

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

06/01/2021 01:15 PM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt Edgar, Application-specific and global commands are black while Windows specific commands are green

Yes, as I mentioned above. Unfortunately on all three of my monitors (each of which present colors slightly differently) the black is kind of grayish and the green is mostly blackish. You still cannot tell which window a window-specific command is intended for.

-Edgar
DPI 15.3, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, OpenOffice & Office 365, Norton Security, Shure X2U XLR to USB mic adapter with Audio Technica DB135 vocal mic, Asus X299-Deluxe Prime, Intel Core i9-7940X (14 core, 4.3 GHz overclocked to 4.9 GHz), G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3333 (PC4 26600) F4-3333C16Q-64GTZ, NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB graphics card with 3 1920x1080 monitors

06/21/2021 08:32 AM

Author Icon
Asuna

This is fine if you know what you're doing with the sophisticated stuff! I can navigate computer but this might as well be another language! I love KnnowBrainer but I'm becoming a little disillusioned with it. It is not as user-friendly as it you first think. Are there any updates for it?

Asuna
 06/21/2021 11:56 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands) and associated manuals are updated every few weeks. Your download link also includes the latest KnowBrainer Quickstart and KnowBrainer Manual 

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

05/31/2021 11:16 PM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

@StGeorge: if you can install XMLstarlet, I can share with you my scripts to extract lists and summaries of Dragon and KnowBrainer commands from their respective XML files, including contexts, etc. In my copious spare time I might be able to help you modify them for your specific needs.

I use XMLstarlet in cygwin on Windows, but it apparently has a native Windows port: http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/download.php

IIRC somebody else in this forum posted an improved command browser, GUI app.

---

And, yes, I need to start posting the stuff to GitHub. more in my copious spare time.

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

07/14/2021 11:44 PM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

This looks like a good place to piggyback the following question:

More and more I am having utterances that I think are ordinary words, that I do not *think* are commands, be recognized as commands.

e.g. right now the word "vocabulary" is being recognized as a command. Or at least shows up in recognition history as

Vocabulary .... X ... 20:34.49

yes, I am saying "vocabulary" in isolation. I have no problem if I say something like "no-space vocabulary"

But I could swear I have said vocabulary in isolation before.

"Vocabulary" is by no means the only utterance for which this spontaneous recognition as a command is happening.

all of my commands are recorded to a log file, so I'm reasonably certain that it is not any of my commands. besides, nearly all of my commands require a prefix like "Draco", though there aren't many naked commands that I need to look at.

Inspection of the Dragon Command Browser does not show anything.

I am not running KnowBrainer.

Q: Is there a Dragon command that is simply "vocabulary"? if so, what does it do?

Q: Is there a way of finding who implements a given command? i.e. a standard way of doing what I do by logging all command execution. (also, in my AHK commands when I say Draco debug locate command ... I get additional debugging that help me figure out which code is being executed. Especially helpful when multiple patterns can match the same utterance --- ultimately I hope to print a warning when that happens, but at the moment it's 1st encountered)

I'm piggybacking on this post asking for a command list, because this I had that it would answer my question. Modulo all the caveats about patterns matching multiple utterances.

DPG15.6 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, MS Surface Book 3, Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.3/1.5GHz (4 cores, 8 logical, GPU=NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 with Max-Q Design.

07/15/2021 11:31 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Note: It would have been better if you had started a new “Dragon” post rather than adding to this “KnowBrainer” thread which is not related to your question. Try clicking Dragon Forum and press the NEW TOPIC button on the right side

vocabulary is not a KnowBrainer or Dragon native command. We know you've already checked the Command Browser but we recommend double checking. We suspect that 1 of your personal command names were accidentally changed.

1. You should never dictate a single word, unless required, because Dragon is more likely to interpret your dictation as a command while simultaneously lowering your accuracy. Dragon works best if you can dictate 7 or more words in a single utterance. If you are editing or correcting, you should minimally select 3 words; even though you may only need to correct one word.

2. You can verify that this is a command by saying show recognition history. What is Dragon misinterpreting the word “vocabulary” for? Example, is it opening the Vocabulary Editor?

3. This seems unlikely but did you perhaps edit or create an in-line command, in the Vocabulary Editor, called Vocabulary.

4. Is it possible that you created and AHK command called Vocabulary?

Nuance doesn't offer a command list (the same is true in KnowBrainer) because the Dragon Command Browser commands are already arranged in alphabetical order. In other words you already have a list. We can't think of an advantage to debugging either. show recognition history was designed specifically for this function.

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

07/16/2021 09:39 PM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt Note: It would have been better if you had started a new “Dragon” post rather than adding to this “KnowBrainer” thread which is not related to your question. Try clicking Dragon Forum and press the NEW TOPIC button on the right side

Agreed.  I only posted here because if there were a list of commands it would've answered my question. So it is related, although not 100%.

If this was a wiki and not a forum we would now refactor.  I suppose I could start a new thread,   my post and your reply over ...  that's not the same as actually moving :-(

vocabulary is not a KnowBrainer or Dragon native command.

Thank you for confirming that

We know you've already checked the Command Browser but we recommend double checking. We suspect that 1 of your personal command names were accidentally changed.

Nope.   as I mention elsewhere,   I regularly export and git diff,  which would expose such an accidental change.

You should never dictate a single word

I know this, but nevertheless it happens.  Most of the time I am not dictating.  moreover, I am almost never using a speech ready app,  though I cannot say "correct three word phrase".   (I  really need to find the Vocola guy's  tool that provides such editing even for nonspeech ready apps)

You can verify that this is a command by saying show recognition history. What is Dragon misinterpreting the word “vocabulary” for?

all that I and seeing in the  recognition history is "vocabulary ... x ... timestamp",  where the X says it is a command

For example, is it opening the Vocabulary Editor?

AFAICT it does nothing.   I know it's not one of my commands because it doesn't put anything into my log. AFAIK  neither Dragon nor KnowBrainer log their own commands -  or is there some  commandline parameter or environment variable that could enable such more detailed logging?

This seems unlikely but did you perhaps edit or create an in-line command, in the Vocabulary Editor, called Vocabulary

Thanks, this is something I did not consider. AFAICT is not the case, my vocabulary editor entry for "vocabulary" seems to be just an ordinary word.   but I am not familiar with in-line commands --  how can I tell if the entry for "vocabulary" is such a thing.   [Google fail]

Is it possible that you created and AHK command called Vocabulary?

No.  First, it is trivial for me to grep for all of my AHK  commands.

Second, my AHK  code is never invoked without going through a Dragon command first. So there would have to be a Dragon command "vocabulary" that invoked the AHK command. And as far as I can tell no such  Dragon command exists.

Nuance doesn't offer a command list (the same is true in KnowBrainer) because the Dragon Command Browser commands are already arranged in alphabetical order. In other words you already have a list.

They have lists where many commands begin with a <list>  which does not terribly help searching   or browsing.

My AHK commands are not much better, although my regex patterns are usually inline,

e.g. ((show|hide|toggle) ) full page( view)?

so they can be searched,  and browsed.   

However more and more I am refactoring to have complicated regular expressions in variables.   and as you say it is a lot easier to browse a sorted list.  So ultimately  I plan to create an expanded list  or index.  constraining combinatoric explosion.  this will also speed up decoding, although I haven't needed  to speed things up like that that yet.

IMHO Dragon and KnowBrainer should also provide such (a)  searching and (b) <list>  expanded sortable and browseable  command lists.   although I can't bitch too much, because I have not yet implemented in my own system.

We can't think of an advantage to debugging either. show recognition history was designed specifically for this function.

Sure, it tells me THAT it was recognized as a command. But it doesn't tell me  WHAT command was recognized. (a)   WHETHER it was a Dragon command or a KnowBrainer command (IIRC  you can have commands that are both), or (b)  exactly  WHICH <funky> <list> <command>  matched (c)  whether it was a global or  an app or a window  CONTEXT-sensitive command,  again since IIRC they can overlap.

My debug code shows the pattern,  equivalent to <funky> <list> <command>,  that matched,  as well as the context.

If I had written this  not in AutoHotKey but in  a real programming language like C or C++ or C# or  even Perl or Python my debug code would tell me exactly what file and line number the  matched function occurred in.  unfortunately AFAICT AutoHotKey does not have the necessary facilities do this, not without manually adding A_ScriptName and A_LineNumber to every definition.  in a real programming language like C I use the macro preprocessor so I never have to see that crap. 

... No, wait: There are quite a few posts about GetCallStack()  for AutoHotKey,  which is the equivalent of the  Perl and Python functionality.  ... ah, Based on standard language Exception(...).  Cool,  time to improve my debugging facility.

on my to do list is reporting every command  that can matches the utterance,  both with and without context matching.

<H3>This may be moot</H3>

I am seeing more and more of the misrecognitions that indicate an old profile.  you will probably see them in this post.   I haven't rebuilt my profile from scratch in a while. I have backed up a few weeks,  recapitulating changes in command and vocabulary,  but I have not gone all the way back to zero. If there is corruption  in the profile this may explain my problem.

I admit that I knew this when I posted, but I could not resist the temptation to point out that a good expanded command list would greatly help understanding this  problem.

07/17/2021 02:58 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

When you say show recognition history you should see exactly what you said for commands and dictation. In other words, it would appear that the word Vocabulary is being recognized as a command.

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

07/18/2021 06:00 PM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt When you say show recognition history you should see exactly what you said for commands and dictation. In other words, it would appear that the word Vocabulary is being recognized as a command.

Which is exactly what I said in the first place.

Which brings me back to the original question, related tp the original topic of this post.

But let's abandon this circular discussion.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » KnowBrainer Software and Support » Commands and vocabulary

Statistics
32106 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 429 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 429 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.