Help with formatting   - dmwilson - 02/03/2021 08:40 PM  
 Help with formatting   - R. Wilke - 02/04/2021 04:03 AM  
 Help with formatting   - dmwilson - 02/05/2021 09:59 PM  
Keyword
 02/03/2021 02:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dmwilson

I am using an unsupported chat box type thing for a client.  I am rapidly repeating someone's speech into this box.  It holds three lines of speech, and then it pushes it out for the person on the receiving end to read.  I had no problem using Dragon version 13, but I recently upgraded to Professional Individual and am now running into an issue where it will randomly run things together, like goTo the store, and sometimes it does not put spaces between words.  I am wondering if it is when I pause for a second, but I have not been able to determine if that is the case as I am going so fast when I am talking.  It is causing me so much extra work when I have to go back and edit 200 pages a day to send to my client.  I called support, and they had nothing to offer in the way of help.  Does anyone have any suggestions at all?  Thank you.  

02/03/2021 03:01 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The KnowBrainer Advance <dictation> and Enter <dictation> commands will eliminate your spacing issue, capitalize the 1st word and automatically upload your text when you stop dictating (take a breath). If you don't want to automatically upload your text, you can substitute with Type <dictation> which is also ideally suited to correcting because it uses AI to double check spacing and capitalization. 

Another option would be DragonCapture which also features proper capitalization and spacing but does not require a trigger command. To eliminate the spacing issue, DragonCapture drops one letter at a time; as opposed to being overloaded with dragons “paste all buffered text when you take a breath” approach. You will find 30 day trials of DragonCapture and KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands) in our Trial Downloads link

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

02/03/2021 03:37 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

An interesting third option, which adds full Select-and-Say control to the equation is Auto Messaging Box© part of the Auto Box© module in SP 6 Standard:

02/03/2021 08:40 PM

Author Icon
dmwilson

Thank you for the suggestions!  I don't know if that will work, however, since I have to dictate right into this box that is part of my client's software.  I cannot use any type of commands in it.  I am literally just rapidly repeating everything someone is saying for however long the meeting lasts, and I cannot use any other type of dictation box or anything else with it.  I hope I am saying that so it makes sense.  I am kind of new to Dragon, and I am not sure how to exactly phrase it.  Let me know if you need any more info.  Maybe it is something that is just not going to work well with this version of Dragon.  Crap!

02/04/2021 04:03 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

I think you should give DragonCapture a try. It seems to meet all the criteria you are mentioning: rapid, no-ado text input, involving nothing other than just dictating away.

In its default settings, it is set to do just that, giving you a true replication of the native Dragon behaviour in a non-supported target application, except for adding Select-and-Say to to target, although it may seem so.

And you don't even have to engage it, as it is entirely driven by Dragon, kicking in automatically.

If you make a mistake or if you are unhappy with your last utterance, say "Remove This", and dictate once more. Which is what you would have to do in "true" Dragon also, or something to that extent.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

02/05/2021 09:59 PM

Author Icon
dmwilson

Thank you!!! I am going to check into that right now!
KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » KnowBrainer Software and Support » Help with formatting

Statistics
31980 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 549 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 550 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.