Created On: 01/11/2021 03:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 01/11/2021 03:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
HeHe
Power Member

I used Dragon 15.3 for a long time, and had unbelievable problems with it, e. g. frequently not being able to dictate a single sentence without an error.

Because of that and a known problem of 15.3 hanging for a long period of time, I upgraded to 15.6 Professional.

Unfortunately, I'm having an equally terrible time with 15.6, including very high error rates and long hangs.

I have just recently downloaded the 30 day free trial of KnowBrainer, and am now trying to use it. To be honest, being able to train Dragon was my primary motivation for doing so.

I do not have a verbal disability, but Dragon consistently makes a very large number of errors when I speak. Non–user-specific dictation recognition simply does not work for me .

The KnowBrainer Dragon Manual says "if you believe it needs training, simply say the KnowBrainer Train Dragon command", but when I say "Train Dragon" nothing happens.

It may just be that I don't know how to use KnowBrainer, but I was able to get at least one command ("add brackets to ") to work

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X 1 carbon 8 with 16 GB RAM and Windows 10 Pro

01/11/2021 09:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: HeHe ...

1. I'm having an equally terrible time with 15.6, including very high error rates and long hangs.

2. I have just recently downloaded the 30 day free trial of KnowBrainer, and am now trying to use it. ...  The KnowBrainer Dragon Manual says "if you believe it needs training, simply say the KnowBrainer Train Dragon command", but when I say "Train Dragon" nothing happens. It may just be that I don't know how to use KnowBrainer, but I was able to get at least one command ("add brackets to ") to work

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X 1 carbon 8 with 16 GB RAM and Windows 10 Pro

1. We suspect that training is not the problem. When your accuracy is this bad, you usually have a corrupted user profile or you are suffering from interference. Interference is more likely. A substandard USB Microphone can also produce unacceptable accuracy. Of course this depends on the end-user but 99% of Dragon users gain very little from training.

Try dictating a few words in DragonPad and then say play that back. You are listening for interference. If you don't hear interference, try creating a new profile.

2. The KnowBrainer Train Dragon command brings back the training text from previous versions of Dragon. We just tested this on our office computer and it worked. Your Dragon accuracy may be so bad that Dragon didn't understand your Command Name. We additionally suspect you might be using an out of date version of KnowBrainer. Add<brackets/parens/quotes etc.> to <dictation> were removed from KnowBrainer a long time ago. This command has been replaced.

Take a look at your 1st KnowBrainer global command. It should be <%> KB Build 01-01-2021. If you don't see this, download and run the KBCommandsUpdater.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31935 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 539 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 541 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.