KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Activate Mac Keyboard Maestro from Dragon Professional on Parallels?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/22/2020 12:47 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 07/22/2020 12:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rkaplan

I use Dragon Professional 15 on my Mac using Parallels.  I am a big fan of Keyboard Maestro on the Mac.

Is there a way using KnowBrainer or a Dragon Script to use voice to activate a Keyboard Maestro macro function?

Perhaps I would use a URL trigger on Keyboard Maestro and then ping the desired URL using KnowBrainer or Dragon Script?  Other possibilities?

-------------------------
Richard Kaplan
rkaplan@kaplanlifecareplan.com
 07/22/2020 12:56 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

If our understanding is correct, Keyboard Maestro can only be used in the Mac OS and neither Dragon or KnowBrainer can be used on the Mac side because these utilities only function in Windows or in your case, Windows via Parallels.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

07/27/2020 04:20 AM

Author Icon
rkaplan

Thanks... If it is of help to others - with a bit of experimentation I was able to get this to work.

On the Mac side with Keyboard Maestro, added a URL trigger to the macro of interest.

Then I set up a Dragon script using the ShellExec function in order to execut a Curl command targeting the URL of the KM trigger above.

It works!

Richard Kaplan
rkaplan@kaplanlifecareplan.com
 02/18/2021 10:18 PM

Author Icon
alexander
Advanced Member

Fwiw another option is to send an ssh to your mac from the vm which calls an applescript which sends keyboard shortcuts. It sounds a little convoluted but in practice works to send keyboard shortcuts, some dictation, etc. You can even send Command, ctrl and option keys.
Statistics
31980 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 536 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 536 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.