How to use Microsoft teams   - dradzin - 03/09/2021 02:28 PM  
 How to use Microsoft teams   - brooklyn cabin - 03/11/2021 05:31 PM  
Keyword
 08/06/2019 07:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
vcatalysis

Hello Everyone,
At my new workplace, I am using Windows 10 Pro, DPI 15.3, KnowBrainer 2017. A colleague really wants me to start using Microsoft teams.

I spent a few minutes trying to navigate in that application, but it seems like DPI/KB are not able to recognize things a able-bodied person would want to click on. I tried "click [X]", "display numbers" and even "switch to Microsoft teams" doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

08/06/2019 08:39 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

98% of applications are not Dragon friendly. This can be verified by looking for the green DragonBar dot . If it's grayed out, you won't have Dragon support. Microsoft teams looks interesting but your colleague is clearly not a speech recognition user. Short of using mouse coordinates, you probably won't be able to click on anything and you will likely have to use Force Dictation commands. Fortunately KnowBrainer 2017 includes both. It's a little rough but if you never change your window size or position, you could quickly create Mouse Position commands for every menu you use. For example, begin by clicking into Microsoft teams and then hover your mouse over the General menu. Now say New Mouse Command <general> which will trigger KnowBrainer to capture your mouse X & Y coordinates, create a new application-specific Microsoft teams command, name the command General, paste your X & Y coordinates into the script, add a mouse left click and save your new command in about 2 seconds. Faster than your mother can use her trusty Ginsu knife to slice meat loaf so thin your inlaws will never come back. When you say General, your mouse will click on the General menu. You can do this for all of your other menus. 

Now you're wondering how are you going to dictate into Microsoft teams which will probably not accept direct Dragon dictation. No problem. Once your cursor is in the text field you can say something like Enter <what's up>. KnowBrainer will Force Dictate the phrase “What's up” and simultaneously upload your text. Even if Dragon permitted dictation, it wouldn't be this efficient and KnowBrainer even forces the 1st word to appear with a capital letter.

PS: If you don't wish to create KnowBrainer Automatic VerbalBasic commands, use the KnowBrainer DISPLAY Numbers command to number all of your menus and controls. Just say the number you wish to Left Click. You can also say Right Click <1to888>, Middle Click 
<1to888> and Double Click <1to888>. Now invite your colleague to the 21st century

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

08/07/2019 12:03 PM

Author Icon
vcatalysis

Ha ha, thanks Lunis!
Weird. Yesterday "display numbers" wasn't working but today it does. I will just attribute this fix to you, Lunis. You are right, if "display numbers" works, I don't really need much else to manage.

To be honest, through the years I have offered to give colleagues demos that are personalized to their computer use for voice. Especially the ones who get ergonomic and hand pain issues. I think only one actually asked for license, but didn't end up using it for very long. Yes, I introduce them to this forum.

Have you learned any tricks to getting people to actually switch to voice recognition? It seems like most people would rather be in pain then deal with the stress of learning something new.

When I first started using voice recognition, it hurt so bad to use my computer that I learned to type with my big toes. Although things are much better now, my pain management is better and my computer uses faster with voice recognition. So I stick with it. Even if my pain magically went away, I would still probably use voice recognition for at least 80% of my work.

I would love for more of my colleagues use voice recognition. Then they would also favor Dragon/KB friendly applications!

02/25/2021 04:12 PM

Author Icon
dradzin

Display Numbers will not work for me in Microsoft Teams. Any idea what might be interfering and how to work around it?
 03/02/2021 11:51 AM

Author Icon
brooklyn cabin
Top-Tier Member

I also had trouble with Microsoft Teams and, thus far, the best solution I've had is to Sync it to my desktop. This way, I can use Windows Explorer which is much more Dragon friendly to navigate and find folders. FWIW, you can also use the web version of Teams which allows you to say things like "click link" etc.

I will also say that they have a decent Disability support team which I reached out to a number of times in the fall (if this applies to you). Good luck.

03/09/2021 02:28 PM

Author Icon
dradzin

Thanks for your response, Brooklyn. So if it's synced to the desktop then you would just be working within Windows Explorer and not use the Teams app?  

And we did notice it's better with the web version, thanks for the reminder. My office already has Teams up and running automatically so it would be easier to work directly in the Teams program of course. 

03/11/2021 05:31 PM

Author Icon
brooklyn cabin
Top-Tier Member

Well, you obviously need to use the Teams app originally to sync with your Windows Explorer. And in my experience, it's not a "set and forget" situation. I had to resync periodically. But for the simple task of obtaining documents from within various folders, Windows Explorer was sufficient for me.

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » KnowBrainer Software and Support » How to use Microsoft teams

Statistics
31980 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 589 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 591 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.