How do I delete a custom list   - jaysan - 12/29/2016 05:22 AM  
 How do I delete a custom list   - Lunis Orcutt - 12/29/2016 03:40 PM  
Keyword
 12/17/2016 01:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MarxGroucho
Power Member

I created a custom list <1 to 4000> that had every number in it. Now Knowbrainer/Dragon keeps lagging whenever I have a command opened. I cannot find a way to delete this list although I have deleted all the elements in it (which didn't stop the lag)

Little Help?

12/17/2016 01:09 PM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

I went over this in private with Lunis a few weeks ago. I came up with a solution but it is ugly. Without getting deeply into the details… KnowBrainer keeps two copies of its active command file. KnowBrainer must not be running but Dragon may be active. You must edit them both (I actually "copy with renaming":

copy "C:\Users\Edgar\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\MyKBCommands.xml" "C:\Users\Edgar\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\StatusChanges\MyKBCommands_withAmendedCommands.xml"

that's all one line) you would need to change "Edgar" to your username. First you need to open "C:\Users\Edgar\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\MyKBCommands.xml"  in your favorite XML editor (I use PSPad, Notepad will work and Visual Studio will work but might introduce automatic formatting which could break KnowBrainer's XML interpreter). Open the find dialog and search for:

<List name="1to4000

(assuming that the EXACT name of your command is <1to4000>). This list should reside on a single line since you have already deleted all the contents:

<List name="1to4000"></List>

Delete that entire line (it's okay to leave a blank line if you choose). Now save the file under its original name and location:

"C:\Users\Edgar\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\MyKBCommands.xml" 

(again use your username). Now you need to copy that file (or re-save it with a different name if you still have your editor open); the identical file needs to be placed with a new name in a new location:

"C:\Users\Edgar\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\StatusChanges\MyKBCommands_withAmendedCommands.xml"

(oh yeah - did I forget to mention you must use your own username not "Edgar" <grin>).

Now you must exit Dragon (a reboot is not necessary but you might want to open the Task Manager to ensure that all of Dragon's remnants have closed; I use this batch file:

@echo off

rem taskkill /IM dgnria_nmhost.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM nsbrowse.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM dragonbar.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM dgnuiasvr.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM dgnuiasvr_x64.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM natspeak.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM ProcHandler.exe /F /T

rem taskkill /IM KBProcHandler.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM KBPro.exe /F /T

Now, start KnowBrainer which automatically starts Dragon. The list should be gone

-------------------------

-Edgar
DPI 15.3, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, OpenOffice & Office 365, Norton Security, Shure X2U XLR to USB mic adapter with Audio Technica DB135 vocal mic, Asus X299-Deluxe Prime, Intel Core i9-7940X (14 core, 4.3 GHz overclocked to 4.9 GHz), G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3333 (PC4 26600) F4-3333C16Q-64GTZ, NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB graphics card with 3 1920x1080 monitors

12/17/2016 01:15 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You'll find that KnowBrainer already includes a 1to5000 list but the reason why it skips numbers after 100, by jumping ahead in increments of 50, is because including every digit would likely produce the lag you are now experiencing. If you haven't updated to the latest KnowBrainer command collection and haven't written too many commands that you can't re-create, the simplest solution would be to overwrite your current KnowBrainer command file with the latest KnowBrainer Commands . Note that you will need to unzip and copy the latest MyKBCommands.xml file over your existing file at C:\Users\(Your Computer Name)\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\ which will overwrite any commands you have added so please save any personal commands.

Getting back to your original question… Try the following:

1.  Open any KnowBrainer command for editing
2.  Click the Edit Name button
3.  Mouse left click on your personal 1to4000 list to select it
4.  Click the Edit Selected List button
5.  Press {Ctrl+a} to select all of your numbers
6.  Press {Del} to remove your entries followed by clicking the Save List Contents button.

You can't actually delete your 1to4000 list but it won't cause any harm when it's empty and should return your previous speed.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

12/17/2016 11:24 PM

Author Icon
MarxGroucho
Power Member

The contents or elements of the list were already deleted.
It seems my best course would be to overwrite my command file with the newest commands. I already have too many commands to consider redoing them. The only way I can figure out how to save my personal commands is to copy the MyKBCommands.xml file

Is there a way to export just custom commands?
If not when importing the old backup copy of MyKBCommands.xml file do you have to go through all the groups and find your custom commands to check them all off individually? Or is there a easier way?

Great support for the software guys. I can see the extra efforts that is put into it. I noticed the search Amazon command you guys help me with a few days ago in the new release :-)

12/18/2016 01:45 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: MarxGroucho ...Is there a way to export just custom commands? If not when importing the old backup copy of MyKBCommands.xml file do you have to go through all the groups and find your custom commands to check them all off individually? Or is there a easier way?...

The final release of KnowBrainer Professional 2017 isn't quite finished. You are currently using a stable pre-release. Nuance only gave us about 3 days to prepare this year. The final release will include the ability to flag personal/edited commands so that you can quickly organize/export/import commands in groups or individually. Unfortunately that capability does not currently exist. If it did, we would yank our personal 3000 commands out of Dragon, which is a nightmare, and write them into KnowBrainer which would be about 5 times faster and more importantly, significantly more bulletproof.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

12/18/2016 09:38 PM

Author Icon
MarxGroucho
Power Member

I shall look forward to the final release then.
 12/19/2016 12:19 PM

Author Icon
DoctorW

Did you try exporting all the custom commands to file, open a new user profile and then re-import the commands with the exception of the ones which use the list?

James

12/29/2016 05:22 AM

jaysan
Power Member

I have just upgraded from KnowBrainer 2016 to KnowBrainer 2017. After the new installation, I downloaded the latest KB 2017 command files and then went through the import commands process for my old file. I did not import all the commands at once as I did not want to lose all the work in carefully checking off all the custom commands, so I did a few applications at a time. This seemed to have some unwanted consequences in the naming of the lists that I use. It appears that every time I import a command that has a list, it renames the list. It's this is probably to avoid problems in the case that lists with the same name have different contents, but I will argue that most of the time lists with the same name are going to have the same contents.
Now the top of my lists display looks like this:
%
0_9
0_9_2
0_9_3
0_9_4
0to9
0to9_2

And I have commands that look like this
edit in backend <0_9_2> <0_9_2> <0_9_2> <0_9_2> <0_9_2> <0_9_2>

Will this be avoidable in the final release?

Fortunately, I name all of my custom commands in all lowercase letters which makes them easier to identify in the import.

Going through the steps that Edgar suggested - I'm not sure if I want to embark on that for all of my modified lists.

However, I may consider taking the time to rename all of the lists that are used in these commands to make them more readable.

Work laptop: DPI 15, i7 Skylake, 16GB RAM, KB2017, SpeechStart+, Samson Airline 77 //  Home laptop: DPI 15, i3-2330 2.20 GHz 4GB RAM, KB2016, Dell Latitide, mic: HS-GEN-C with Dragon USB adapter

12/29/2016 03:40 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The more times you import, the more confusion you're likely to run into. The final release will clean up flagging personal commands, importing and exporting as often as you like but until then, you may run into some issues. Unfortunately, we do not yet have an ETA on the final KnowBrainer 2017 release but the good news is that you have access to every new command we create until the final release comes out. We recommend checking out the new Replace <dictation> command. Try saying “the brown fox jumped over the fence” and then follow up by saying Replace <brown fox> With <yellow dog>. You may never look at editing quite the same again

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31937 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 530 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 531 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.