KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Continuous commands in Vocola
Topic Summary: how to find or create the .ini file to enable continuous commands
Created On: 03/14/2022 04:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Continuous commands in Vocola   - Voice - 03/14/2022 04:40 AM  
 Continuous commands in Vocola   - Matt_Chambers - 03/14/2022 07:45 AM  
 Continuous commands in Vocola   - alexander - 03/14/2022 08:30 PM  
Keyword
 03/14/2022 04:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Voice

First off, I'm not a programmer and only have a vague idea of how this stuff works...

I would like to be able to use continuous commands in Vocola. According to the documentation I should do the following? 

"To enable command sequences for all files by default (in Vocola 2.6.4 or later), allowing up to M commands to be spoken in succession, create/open the file vocola.ini in your command file directory (where your Vocola commands live) and modify it to contain the line:

MaximumCommands=M"

My Vocola commands are saved in my Documents folder in a folder called Vocola Commands, but there is no .ini file in that folder, and I dont know how to create a .ini file. My apologies if I am overlooking something really easy. I have a feeling I don't know what questions I should be asking.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction???

03/14/2022 07:45 AM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

All you need to do is open a text editor, such as Notepad, and create a document with a single line consisting of:

MaximumCommands=2

Save the document in your Vocola folder with the name Vocola.ini. Be sure not to let the text editor save the file with the extension.txt. Of course, you can pick a number other than 2, if you want, but I would be careful not to set the number too high, because it might slow down the performance.

03/14/2022 08:30 PM

Author Icon
alexander
Top-Tier Member

Definitely be careful about how high you set that number. I don't use that at all but I do set it on a per file basis using the 2nd method

You can also override these defaults on a file by file basis by using the following Vocola statement:

$set MaximumCommands M;

This lets me specify and control what grammars/files get continuous command recognition and which don't.
Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 373 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 373 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.