Vocola don't work   - Matt_Chambers - 02/27/2022 05:38 PM  
 Vocola don't work   - alexander - 03/07/2022 04:46 PM  
Keyword
 02/20/2022 12:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JC38

Hello !
I downloaded Vocola on Quadstick website https://www.quadstick.com/downloads and followed the instructions below in the video but I have this message after enabling it and restarting Dragon in the window : "message from Python macro" :C:\NatLink\NatLink\MacroSystem\core\natlinkcorefunctions.py:371: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal if value in (u"0", u"1"):
do you know this problem? What is it ? how to fix it? I don't understand the message.

JC

Vocola.PNG
Vocola.PNG  (25 KB)

02/20/2022 06:22 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

It seems to be some sort of Python error, but I've never seen it running Vocola. I can't tell much about the www.quadstick.com package, and haven't used it, so can't say what to do exactly. If it was me, I'd contact Quadstick and see if they've seen this error before.

02/21/2022 05:59 AM

Author Icon
JC38

Originally posted by: Matt_Chambers It seems to be some sort of Python error, but I've never seen it running Vocola. I can't tell much about the www.quadstick.com package, and haven't used it, so can't say what to do exactly. If it was me, I'd contact Quadstick and see if they've seen this error before.

Thank you for your answer.
This is what I did. The expert of Quadstick brought me here in this forum to ask you if you can help me because he don't know what is the problem.
Anybody know what to do?
Maybe I should download another version of Vocola?

JC

02/21/2022 09:10 AM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: JC38
Originally posted by: Matt_Chambers It seems to be some sort of Python error, but I've never seen it running Vocola. I can't tell much about the www.quadstick.com package, and haven't used it, so can't say what to do exactly. If it was me, I'd contact Quadstick and see if they've seen this error before.

Thank you for your answer. This is what I did. The expert of Quadstick brought me here in this forum to ask you if you can help me because he don't know what is the problem. Anybody know what to do? Maybe I should download another version of Vocola?

JC

From what MDL says (and he knows his Natlink/Vocola), it doesn't sound like another version will solve your problem.  Are you able to open the Natlink GUI Configuration window?  (Look in the Start Menu, go down to Natlink, and find it -- if it's there.  I don't know if your version of Natlink will have that.)

02/21/2022 12:50 AM

mdl
Top-Tier Member

that looks to be a quite old version of NatLink/Vocola, but the current version seems to have the same problem.

it looks like there is a bug where the NatLink code cannot handle something that is not Unicode. From the image you had it could be the user topic, username, or user directory.
 02/21/2022 09:34 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

It looks like the problem is with your user profile name. What is it? The way that it is read indicates that it contains backslashes, but they are more likely replacements for accented letters.

-------------------------

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

02/22/2022 01:50 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

I think Rüdiger is right - judging from the screenshot, your user name seems to be "Jèjè" and your topic "Gènèral - BestMatch Plus" and natlink doesn't like this.

Rename your user and vocabulary to something with ascii characters only and you should be good to go.

hth

mav

02/22/2022 05:40 PM

Author Icon
JC38

Originally posted by: Mav I think Rüdiger is right - judging from the screenshot, your user name seems to be "Jèjè" and your topic "Gènèral - BestMatch Plus" and natlink doesn't like this.

Rename your user and vocabulary to something with ascii characters only and you should be good to go.

Thank you for your help. I'm French so characters are sometimes accentuated but it should works with french word normally. I don't know how to rename topic but I tried to rename my user profile but the same message occurred because of the topic.

However, I tried with my English profile (without accentuated letters) and the messages didn't occur. To see if it works, I tried a simple command I input in global command seen as an example on Vocola website (Select Two Words = {Ctrl+Shift+Right_2}; ) but the command didn't work. I still don't understand, I'm lost. 

02/23/2022 01:50 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

I don't know how to rename topic but I tried to rename my user profile but the same message occurred because of the topic.

You can rename topics by going to Tools/Vocabulary Center/Manage Vocabularies...

hth

mav

02/23/2022 07:53 AM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Mav I think Rüdiger is right - judging from the screenshot, your user name seems to be "Jèjè" and your topic "Gènèral - BestMatch Plus" and natlink doesn't like this.

Thank you for your help. I'm French so characters are sometimes accentuated but it should works with french word normally. I don't know how to rename topic but I tried to rename my user profile but the same message occurred because of the topic.

However, I tried with my English profile (without accentuated letters) and the messages didn't occur. To see if it works, I tried a simple command I input in global command seen as an example on Vocola website (Select Two Words = {Ctrl+Shift+Right_2};  but the command didn't work. I still don't understand, I'm lost. 

Your syntax looks fine to me and it appears that Natlink and Vocola are working correctly, because you don't have any error messages.

I would rename the command, because I think what you have named your command conflicts with a built-in command. When I say "select two words", Dragon thinks I want it to select the phrase "two words". It looks for matching text.

Maybe try "highlight two words"?

02/23/2022 05:24 PM

Author Icon
JC38

Originally posted by: Matt_Chambers

However, I tried with my English profile (without accentuated letters) and the messages didn't occur. To see if it works, I tried a simple command I input in global command seen as an example on Vocola website (Select Two Words = {Ctrl+Shift+Right_2};  but the command didn't work. I still don't understand, I'm lost. 

Your syntax looks fine to me and it appears that Natlink and Vocola are working correctly, because you don't have any error messages.

I would rename the command, because I think what you have named your command conflicts with a built-in command. When I say "select two words", Dragon thinks I want it to select the phrase "two words". It looks for matching text.

Maybe try "highlight two words"?

Thank you for your message. I tried to change the name as you write and save it (Highlight Two Words = {Ctrl+Shift+Right_2} and tried the command in a text but Dragon simply write "highlight to words". I'm really confused.

JC

02/23/2022 05:56 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

That suggests that for some reason your command isn't being recognized.  Is your _vocola.vcl file in the right folder?  I don't know where the quadstick installation puts your Vocola folder.  If you say "edit global commands" does that file come up in a text editor?

Maybe try some other sort of command in the same file? Something that just sends some keystrokes onto the page? Like this example:

Hello World = Greetings;

02/24/2022 04:49 PM

Author Icon
JC38

Originally posted by: Matt_Chambers That suggests that for some reason your command isn't being recognized.  Is your _vocola.vcl file in the right folder?  I don't know where the quadstick installation puts your Vocola folder.  If you say "edit global commands" does that file come up in a text editor?

Maybe try some other sort of command in the same file? Something that just sends some keystrokes onto the page? Like this example:

Hello World = Greetings;

_vocola.vcl is in documents in a folder named "Natlink" and the French one is in a folder inside named "fra". When I say "edit global commands", a text editor comes up.

I wrote the hello world command you suggests but I have the same problem, Dragon NaturallySpeaking just write "hello world". 

JC

02/24/2022 06:06 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Just to be clear, when you say "edit global commands", the text editor opens with the file _vocola.vcl? And you see the two commands you have written in that file? If that is the case, I have no idea why the commands are not executing.

Matt
 02/27/2022 03:26 PM

Author Icon
JC38

Originally posted by: Matt_Chambers Just to be clear, when you say "edit global commands", the text editor opens with the file _vocola.vcl? And you see the two commands you have written in that file? If that is the case, I have no idea why the commands are not executing. Matt

Thank you even so. Yes, it's exactly what happens when I say it but the commands are like not recognized.

JC

02/27/2022 05:38 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Try this. After you say "highlight two words", say "show recognition history". A box should pop up showing those last two phrases. Does it show that "highlight two words" was recognized as a command? (Vocola commands are recognized as commands by Dragon, interestingly.)

I'm guessing the answer will be that it was not recognized as a command. I have no idea why, however.
 03/07/2022 04:46 PM

Author Icon
alexander
Top-Tier Member

I agree that you should look at show recognition history. Also take a look inside of your Macrosystem folder which by default should be
C:\NatLink\NatLink\MacroSystem

you should see a file by the name of _vocola_vcl.py

Check if that file has 1 of your commands. "hello world" for example. If so then Vocola is converting to the natlink grammar. Do you see any errors in the Messages window that comes up when you start Dragon w/ Natlink?

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 381 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 381 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.