SP 7 PRO is here!   - dilligence - 02/25/2022 12:41 PM  
 SP 7 PRO is here!   - tar - 02/15/2022 03:19 PM  
Keyword
 02/04/2022 11:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

The new SP 7 PRO is available now. You can boost your Dragon® productivity with 40 powerful productivity add-ons. SP 7 PRO features nearly everything that SP 7 Standard has, but it adds more powerful modules with a much higher level of customization. This package is meant for experienced, demanding Dragon® users!

Get ready to boost your Dragon® experience in numerous ways. There's very little SP 7 PRO cannot do. It covers all bases. Whether you are a medical worker, translator, coder, writer, lawyer, hands-free user, or just an enthusiastic Dragon® hobbyist .   

In version 7 most existing modules have been improved. Others, like the All-in-One Dictation Box©, Quick Correct©, Quiet Box©, New Size© and Glide© were completely redesigned to give smoother performance while taking up less real estate.

On top of that we’ve added 10 brand-new modules. Users with physical limitations will welcome the new accessibility tools SP Lens©, SP Auto Click© and improved versions of SP Grid©, SysTray© and Launching Zone©. Coders will want to check out the new tools Transit© and CodePrep©. Of course, the tool Plates© has been improved as well.

We’ve taken voice note-taking to the next level with an improved version of HyperNotes© and its new big brother TopicNotes©.

But there’s more! You can now adjust your Dragon® microphone input level in real-time with the utility MikeLevel©. Or what about the handy (advanced) SP Voice Calculator©. There’s also the module Enhancements for the Dragon® dictation box.

In version 7 we’ve taken the concept ‘customization’ to the max. You can completely adjust most modules to your own needs. Not only when it comes to window/font size and colors, but also when it comes to the menu names. That’s right, this for instance, allows you to create a completely customized SP Dictation Box version. And what about constructing your own virtual hands-free starting page with Launching Zone?

SP 7 PRO is extremely feature-rich. Here’s an overview of all it’s features:

Powerful tools to dictate and edit in speech unfriendly applications:
All-in-One© Dictation Box - The most powerful Dictation Box ever! 
Quiet Box© - Auto Transfers for all your short dictations.  
SP Editor© - Fast, ergonomic, feature-rich alternative to DragonPad®. 
Quick Correct© - The advanced voice Search & Replace window.
SP Text Tools© - Direct voice text correction in any application.
Spell in any application© - Even in the most speech unfriendly ones!
Enhancements for the Dragon® dictation box - Add more power to it! 

Window activation, sizing & positioning, custom translucency:
Enhanced Application Activation© - Activate anything you see!
Advanced Placement© - Precise window placement.
Absolute and Relative Sizing© - Ultimate voice window sizing.
Global Translucency© - Make any window translucent. 
New Size© - Additional GUI driven window sizing tool.
Placer© - The "List Applications" tool on steroids! 

Effective note taking by voice
HyperNotes© - The fastest way to create your plain text notes. 
TopicNotes© - Take fast note-taking to a whole new level!
Dictation to WAV© - Quickly save your text as a playable WAV file.
Quick Store© - Lightning fast storing of website text and URLs. 

Hands-free launching, searching & scrolling control:
SP Search© - Select-and-say enabled web search in all browsers.
SP Glide© - The universal voice scrolling tool for browsers and editors.
Launching Zone© - Construct your own hands-free starting page!

Enhanced accessibility & mouse control:
SysTray© - Complete hands-free control of the notification area.
SP Press Utility© - Keep the mouse buttons pressed by voice.
Find Me© - Quickly locate your mouse pointer by voice.
SP Auto Clicker© - Dwell Click utility with various interesting options.
SP Grid© - The fastest 400 cell Pointer Grid (multi-monitor support).
Speaker© - Text To Speech (TTS) that works everywhere, always!
SP Lens© - Easy to use, "nonintrusive" portable screen lens. 
Mike Level© - Directly control and maintain Dragon® microphone level.

Advanced hotkey control:
SP Hotkey Manager© - Launch up to 999 programs with a Hotkey.
Hotkeys for Dragon© - Convert any Dragon® command to a Hotkey!
Dragon® & VC Restart© - Instantly restart Dragon®, KB, VC and SS+.

The most versatile voice utilities:
SP Voice Calculator© - Do all your calculations simply by voice.
SP Process Killer© - Kill any process/application quickly by voice.
SP Startup Manager© - Manage applications that start with Windows.
SP Clipboard Viewer© - Monitor your clipboard in real time.
SP Pause Reminder© - Highly configurable Dragon® break reminder.

For voice coders:
SP Code Prep© - Dictation Box & Syntax Highlighting combined. 
Plates© - Create large collections of manageable boilerplates/strings. 
Transit© - Rapidly insert any code snippet or string into your target.

Highly customizable with 
SP Configuration Manager©
Customize the modules' sizes, fonts, colors, backgrounds to suit your own needs. But wait, in SP 7 PRO you can now also change the button names. That's right. What about changing the Dictation Box "TRANSFER" button into "GO", or "Sssjjj" and have Dragon® respond to it? What about changing the "CANCEL" button to "Goodbye". Here's a 
demonstration video of that feature. Feel free to create your custom Dictation Box©, Quiet Box©, Plates©, Grid© etc. version!

SP 7 PRO is aimed at experienced, high demanding Dragon® users. If you are a novice or medium skilled user you may be interested in the new SP 7 Standard. Not sure which version to choose? Take a look here.

Please visit the updated Speech Productivity Website for more details. If you visited before you may need to refresh the page (press F5).

Current SP 6 PRO users will automatically receive the upgrade notification in a couple of days.

Thank you Lunis for allowing us to announce this edition to the KnowBrainer forum!

Rob Meulman, SP developer

Tom Reid SP 7 PRO programmer

-------------------------

https://speechproductivity.eu

Turbocharge your Dragon® productivity with 40 Power Addons

02/06/2022 10:34 PM

gasolo

That is great news! When can we buy a copy of it? Like previous versions, I am counting on 7 to "wow" us.

GaSolo

02/07/2022 11:17 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

I just sent out the upgrade email to all current SP 6 PRO users

02/13/2022 10:22 PM

gasolo

SP Pro team,

You guys did it again with this good upgrade. It's fast and compact. I love the fact that I can now relabel the buttons making it much more customized for me. I heavily use the all-in-one
box in order to input and most importantly edit longer text within various LMS's (learning management systems) such as canvas and blackboard. Those are used by virtually every university in the country. Anyone needing to input and edit longer content and emails, will find most of those features really productive. This is a really nice add-on to Dragon. My only wish is that you go to work on version 8 as soon as you can.

GaSolo

02/14/2022 11:00 PM

Author Icon
Grandslam

Well it has been a week since I upgraded to Version 7 and I am very impressed. This is definitely a step up over Version 6 and there are some notable improvements. A few specific comments below.

SP Calculator - this is my favourite new function. I have never understood why Dragon does not include native functionality to do calculations by voice, but SP Calculator allows you to easily do quite advanced calculations, and then transfer them to supported or non-supported applications.

Dictation Box - this works really well and has an abundance of features. I previously had an issue where dictation box would sometimes not paste text to the target application, however this no longer occurs in Version 7 - it works flawlessly.

Topic Notes - I like this concept as I have for some time been looking for a way to keep a "To Do" list using Dragon. It would be great if in a future version there was a way to select what information should be outputted to the text file. In my case, I don't really need the date, time, title etc for every note - just the dictation would be sufficient.

Mike Level - I set my Mike level to 100 (previously 60) and my headset seems to be working better. Previously I was having to speak too loudly to have the headset pick up my voice.

I do have a question about Auto box. Is this included in SP7 Pro? The executable is there, but your website seems to indicate it is only included with SP Standard.

02/15/2022 03:14 PM

Author Icon
tar

Hi there,

Glad you like some of the new features. I too find the SP calculator to beone one of my go-to tools. Many of these tools that are in the package are ones that I use all the time. 

As a quadriplegic myself, with limited use of only one hand much of the day (as the day wears on so does my strength, which leaves me totally relying on voice) these are tools that are not only helpful, but vital. My range of motion for the mouse is very limited. Yet I can work with three screens using two separate systems (using mouse without borders) because of the combination of these tools. There are times when I also use VoiceComputer, occasionally Know-brainer. For what I do, the all-in-one dictation box is absolutely critical. What I'm trying to say is that the functionality found in our products are there because they are what I actually use and need.

Even with voice-friendly applications, voice can be a little "dangerous", as many kinds of noises can be picked up and interpreted somewhat randomly. I can't tell you how many emails have been sent inadvertently using Outlook. As I use my box to do the composing, it not only saves from those kind of accidents, but having the backup of that text in the clipboard to recover easily is invaluable.

"Mike Level" – I find many applications – Dragon, Skype,VC, and others were all wanting to adjust my microphone volume level. Dragon being the worst, always swiftly inching it up to 100. Any little noise in the house, with the particular microphone that I use (blue yeti), would be picked up and occasionally cause commands to be fired off. Even the thumping washing machine across the hall. Now I can set the level to a low enough level that effectively "blocks" these other noises. It then provides an absolute level that I can then make adjustments to the other programs that stay true.

One of my customers could never use the voice computer microphone before he installed this tool. That was mostly true for me too. Now I can also listen to music in the background much easier. It's not doing any filtering, just keeping the microphone volume set at an acceptable level where Dragon will still work fine, but not "hear" those background noises.

I understand your ideas about the "topic" application. Other customers are giving some good tips on what they would like to see. I have some interesting ideas to work on.

Thanks again for your comments!

Tom

Programmer Of SP 7 PRO (speechproductivity.eu)

02/16/2022 11:41 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Grandslam 

I do have a question about Auto box. Is this included in SP7 Pro? The executable is there, but your website seems to indicate it is only included with SP Standard.

Thanks for your positive comments Grandslam, appreciated!

The full-featured Auto Box© version is featured in SP 7 Standard. However, a (invisible) stripped-down version is added to SP 7 PRO. It's a component of the "Spelling in Speech Unfriendly Applications" functionality. SP PRO already had a workaround for this, but the approach in Standard has always been better. That's why I've added it to PRO now as well.

Normally you would not be able to use the Dragon® Spelling Window in speech unfriendly applications. It simply would not come up. The SP approach "tricks" Dragon® into believing that the app is speech friendly because in the background an invisible instance of Auto Box© is loaded prior to launching the Spelling Window. The input of the Spelling Window will land in Auto Box© first, which auto-transfers it to the speech unfriendly target. 

You will hardly notice the difference. Just say "Spell" in any speech unfriendly application and the Spelling Window will pop up as it normally would:

The 7.0.6 update is almost ready. It will be send to PRO customers in the next couple of days.

Rob

02/15/2022 03:27 PM

Author Icon
tar

GaSolo

By the way, in addition to the software development for this and other products, I am also an online instructor, for one class. I too am using Canvas every day. There's no way I could do any of these activities without these products. 

Tom

02/18/2022 04:01 PM

gasolo

Tom,

There is no question that for teaching and anything you do that requires dictating longer texts into text boxes, SP is a great tool. The fact that it reads back with a quick one syllable word, is icing on the cake. As you can imagine, it saves me a ton of time and my posts these days are flawless. 

GaSolo

02/25/2022 12:41 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

SP 7 PRO has just been updated to version 7.0.7. This update fixes some issues and offers small improvements to Auto Click©, Configuration Manager©, DB©, Glide©, Grid©, SP Editor©, SP Pause Reminder© and QB©.

It also fixes two typos in the Command List and the missing (optional) Dictation Box Power Commands.dat.

Another improvement is that during install, Start menu shortcuts to most SP PRO modules are created (only modules that don't require additional arguments in their voice commands). This allows you to launch those modules via the native Dragon® open commands as well. Examples: "open DB", "open Configuration Manager", "open QB" etc. This could possibly allow you to make some room in your Dragon® Command Browser:

If you are a SP 7 PRO user but didn’t receive the update, please let me know.

Rob

02/15/2022 03:19 PM

Author Icon
tar

By the way, as with any major software release, there are some little bugs that have been uncovered. We will be releasing an update soon to resolve those problems.

Tom

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 456 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 456 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.