Hello and HELP ME!!   - R. Wilke - 08/12/2021 09:33 PM  
 Hello and HELP ME!!   - Lunis Orcutt - 08/12/2021 08:04 PM  
 Hello and HELP ME!!   - Scriber - 08/13/2021 03:20 PM  
Keyword
 07/25/2021 04:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Scriber

I recently performed the upgrades recommended by Lunis for KnowBrainer 2017 and Dragon Professional 15.  I have had nothing but a plethora problems since.  I did create a new profile.  Dragon isn't understanding the simplest of words whatsoever and replacing  them with different simple words; despite doing the microphone checks, training and ensuring the microphone specs.  These words should not have to be trained; eg  "but" comes out as "what".  There is no background noise here.   It is no longer selecting the entire word that is to be dictated over; it is embedding the new dictating word inside the preexisting word leaving redundant letters on each side.  It is capitalizing the first word in a line, which is incorrect.  Despite importing my custom words and phrases, it has left several out and I have no idea how that could happen.  I asked Lunis if I could uninstall those updates alone and unfortunately, that is not possible.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both, Dragon and KnowBrainer, hoping that it might straighten out these kinks to no avail.  I find that alot of the new KnowBrainer commands are tripping up my dictating; eg. the word "posterolateral' ends up being the command "Keystroke 0".  This is all causing alot of grief and errors.  This is affecting my only source of income too.  Can anyone help?

07/25/2021 06:42 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Are you using KnowBrainer 2017 or 2016? You own 2017 and if you are using it, right click on the KnowBrainer hidden icon and choose About to verify you are using Ver. 4.51 rather than Ver. 4.00. Also take a look at the 1st KnowBrainer command in the Sidebar. It should say <%> KB Build 05-28-2021. This has nothing to do with your accuracy issue but still needs attention. Now onto your problem…

Overlooking your accuracy, the fact that you are able to use Dragon means that it is highly unlikely that Dragon is the issue. We don't believe reinstalling for help. We recommend the following:

1. Open DragonPad, dictate a few words and then say play that back to listen to a recording of your voice. This recording should be clear. If it's not, you are either suffering from interference (not environmental noise) or a damaged USB microphone. It goes without saying that if you are not using a USB microphone, get one.

2. If #1 doesn't apply, verify that you are in fact using an external USB Microphone rather than your notebook computer's integrated sound system. 

3. If #2 doesn't apply, try creating a new user profile for test purposes. Don't worry about your commands or vocabulary at this time. You are only testing to see if you have a corrupted user profile. We have seen this problem occur after running Accuracy Tuning, which we avoid.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

07/30/2021 05:30 PM

Author Icon
Scriber

Hello and thank you very much for replying. I am using Version 4.51 KnowBrainer. I cannot find the command you mentioned though: KB Build 05-28-2021. Is it under HardCoded, VerbalBasic....? The playback on DragonPad does comes out clear, although what is typed is not what was said, (this is in both, the old user profile and in the new user profile). The playback played the right thing back with no errors. I use a USB microphone on a desktop computer; a FlexyMike. The DragonBar ProfessionalIndividual constantly stalls "not responding" on dictating and just trying to close the user profile. I have gotten rid of or closed any extraneous apps using RAM and prioritized others to be "Below Normal" or even set to "Idle" ensuring that all Dragon-associated options are set to "Real Time" and "Permanent"; is this wrong to do? I have added the line at the bottom of options.ini to accept 1500 renumerated elements; is this wrong to do? I note that, when checking microphone on the original profile, I read the paragraphs and I hear the Beep sound like it has finished, but it automatically closes and I do not get the chance to click on the "Next" button. Now having wrote those, the issues resolved with the new user profile, (aside from the playback issue where what was typed was wrong compared to what was played back), so that makes a huge difference. I will proceed with importing all into the new user profile. I would appreciate your comments on the discrepancy in playback, making KnowBrainer and Dragon components "Real time" and adding enumerated value in options.ini.
 07/30/2021 09:37 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You should never have to train Dragon but as far as it disappearing when it has enough information, that's how the program is designed to work. In our opinion, and a friend had message would be preferable, as in all other versions of Dragon.

Running an excessive amount of programs may or may not be a problem. Example: We are currently using 30 Gb of RAM but is not a problem because we have 64 Gb of RAM. Windows will typically prevent you from using more than half of your RAM. Windows will borrow virtual memory for the rest and you don't want that to happen. This is why we never recommend 8 Gb of RAM and have a slight preference for 32. Only idiots need 64 GB of RAM... Oh crap!

Please let Windows control applications prioritization. It's easy to mess up something that Windows already handles well. We recommend leaving the default settings.

Please take another quick peek at our 27 Dragon recommendations on page 16 of your manual. Sluggish behavior problems are connected to your user profile and that's why we republished on 07-28-2021. Hopefully, these problems will be fixed in DPI 15.7... Oops, forget we mentioned that.

When the KnowBrainer Sidebar is open, you will find the <%> Build 05-08-2021 command at the top of the default global commands. If you don't see it, run the KBCommandsUpdater and reopen KnowBrainer.

PS: If you are running Ver. 4.51 without updating, the 1st command will be <%> Build 11-24-2020

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

08/01/2021 06:14 PM

Author Icon
Scriber

Hello and thank you again for your response. I appreciate your opinion on changing the allocation of RAM to specific programs; I was desperate and trying everything. I did follow the Dragon recommendations prior to posting on the forum; always helpful, but couldn't address my issue. The majority of my work is editing, something that Dragon and KnowBrainer weren't really designed for, but they have served me well with this for 8 years, (started with Dragon 11, 8 years ago). The new profile fixed the 'embedding of the corrected word inside the existing word with redundant letters on either side', but now, is not putting a space before or after dictating the new word, which is odd. Everything works well for about 2 hours and then Dragon starts putting in the wrong words and then stops dictation altogether with its "Please Say that Again". There must be something seriously wrong with what I am doing here re: KnowBrainer too, because after running the Commands Updater, I still cannot find the "Build" command you mentioned. Could you possibly provide a picture of that?
 08/01/2021 06:18 PM

Author Icon
Scriber

I meant to add in that, after Dragon stops working properly and gives me the "Please Say that Again" to everything I say, I close the profile, close Dragon and KnowBrainer and start again from fresh. Everything will load, but Dragon will refuse to do anything, because there is no response from DragonBar.
 08/01/2021 06:33 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Scriber I meant to add in that, after Dragon stops working properly and gives me the "Please Say that Again" to everything I say, I close the profile, close Dragon and KnowBrainer and start again from fresh. Everything will load, but Dragon will refuse to do anything, because there is no response from DragonBar.

Does restarting Windows make a difference in this situation, and if it does, the problem may be with the sound system being a victim of extraneous noise.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

08/08/2021 08:25 PM

Author Icon
Scriber

Hello R. Wilks and thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately, no, restarting Windows does not help. Again Dragon is embedding the corrected word inside the existing word with redundant letters on either side (not replacing entire word), and also is not putting a space before or after dictating a word, which is odd. It is capitalizing a word that starts a new line, even when it isn't the start of a new sentence. Everything sort of works well for about 2 hours and then Dragon starts putting in the wrong words and then stops dictation altogether with its "Please Say that Again". Also, of note, despite the fact that I ticked the button "do not add words to vocabulary", it IS adding new words; those that aren't even words - ridiculous ones. I am so close to going back to a previous version of Dragon, it isn't funny. I am miffed that I have spent good money to have it perform so badly. I never had any problems with the older versions. If there was a way to go back to the 'nonupdated' Dragon, I would, but Lunis has stated that is not possible. I work in the medical industry, there are long words and unusual 'body part' words, surgical words, etc. This new updated version is not very amenable for training these words. I am just so frustrated at this point. Sorry for venting. Do you have any suggestions?
 08/08/2021 09:10 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We assume you are using DPI 15.61 in a non-Dragon friendly environment. Even though you can dictate, Dragon has no idea where the words are. If you never had to move your cursor, everything would work well but that would be unrealistic. You're going to have this inappropriate capitalization and spacing issues with any edition of Dragon unless you copy and paste from an application, like Notepad, that displays the green • in the DragonBar. As a temporary workaround, try saying Notepad <this is a test>. This will open Notepad and simultaneously type “This is a test”. After you finish dictating and editing, say Transfer to transfer your text to the previous target. We're not recommending this workaround but rather giving you an example. We prefer to use DragonCapture.

As to your horrific accuracy, it still sounds like a sound system issue such as Dragon choosing your built-in notebook microphone over the FlexiMike or flaky USB port. You might want to double check that.

PS: KnowBrainer is designed specifically for editing dictation in non-Dragon friendly environments. Try selecting any word or phrase and edit your selection by saying Type <dictation>.  if that doesn't work, substitute Print <dictation>. Your improper capitalization and spacing issues will be eliminated by the Type <dictation> command.

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

08/12/2021 06:55 PM

Author Icon
Scriber

Hello back again. The reason I find these new problems shocking is because all of my previous versions of Dragon worked well in the very same environment. It is a work platform called "Fluency". I've never had to use the technique using Notepad. As I stated earllier, everything worked fine until the updates. I will double check that microphone suggestion; thanks for that.
 08/12/2021 09:33 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Scriber Hello back again. The reason I find these new problems shocking is because all of my previous versions of Dragon worked well in the very same environment. It is a work platform called "Fluency". I've never had to use the technique using Notepad. As I stated earllier, everything worked fine until the updates. I will double check that microphone suggestion; thanks for that.

You must have upgraded from 12.5 or below then. Starting in 13, Nuance has changed the entire policy in dealing with nonsupported applications, basically stopped communicating with them by any means other than offering you the built in dictation box, which can also be automated, in terms of being triggered automatically, which makes it kind of usable.

So it's no surprise that you are being disappointed immensely at the moment.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

08/12/2021 08:04 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Fluency is a non-Dragon friendly environment so the ability to dictate is a crap shoot. Dragon may work one day and not another. We might consider a 30 day trial of DragonCapture which you will find in the "Trial Downloads" link in our signature tag.

Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

08/13/2021 03:20 PM

Author Icon
Scriber

If I encounter issues with it in the future, I will try that DragonCapture, but I am VERY happy to announce that all my problems have been fixed now. I uninstalled Dragon and reinstalled just the plain DPI 15 WITHOUT the updated version. I kept the updated version of KnowBrainer. Boom! Everything is back to the way it was initially and working perfectly. It is dictating fine in Fluency, like it did before, but I will keep in mind your thoughts about that. As I said, I have had zero problems in the past with Dragon and Fluency - been doing that for nearly 8 years now. You were right about the microphone. Although I hadn't changed anything, Dragon and the computer were using an internal version. I pulled the mic out and put it in a different USB on the back of the computer and the FlexyMike was recognized again. Not sure what happened there, but good call on your part! Thank you. I truly appreciate everyone who tried to help me to no avail.
KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » General Topics / Other » Hello and HELP ME!!

Statistics
32110 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 337 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 337 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.