KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Change the capitalization of the following utterance?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/22/2021 03:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Change the capitalization of the following utterance?   - wristofdoom - 09/22/2021 03:49 PM  
 Change the capitalization of the following utterance?   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/22/2021 09:53 PM  
 Change the capitalization of the following utterance?   - wristofdoom - 09/23/2021 02:18 PM  
Keyword
 09/22/2021 03:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wristofdoom
Top-Tier Member

When you add a new vocabulary word, you have the option to format the capitalization of words following the vocabulary word.

For example, I could create a custom vocabulary word called "new capitalized line" that does not actually enter any text, but inserts a new line, and then formats the following word to be printed in all caps. It's the same as the "new line" vocabulary word, except with control over capitalization of the text to follow; very useful.

I'm wondering if there is a way to re-create this behavior in an Advanced Scripting command, rather than custom vocabulary words.

For example, if I were to re-create the vocabulary word as an Advanced Scripting command, it would look something like:

SendKeys "{enter}"
    // some code that will control the formatting of the next utterance

Is there some way to control the formatting of any text that will follow, after the command has fully executed?

Thanks.

-------------------------

Dragon Professional Individual v15.6. Windows 10. Knowbrainer 2017.

09/22/2021 09:53 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The following 2 commands have not been tested:

Option #1
The following script should work if you don't mind creating a new line and simultaneously dictating. The advantage would be that you could accomplish what you want in a single step. UPPERCASE would automatically disengage when you stop speaking; unlike Option #2. 

Sub Main
SendKeys "~"
Wait 0.1
Str = ListVar1
arrStr = Split(Str," ")
For i=0 To UBound(arrStr)
word = UCase(arrStr(i))
str1 = str1 & word & " "
Next
SendKeys str1
End Sub

Option #2
The following example is what you asked for but it would additionally require saying all caps off to disengage; unlike Option #1

Sub Main
SendKeys "~"
Wait 0.1
HeardWord "all-caps-on"
End Sub

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

09/23/2021 02:18 PM

Author Icon
wristofdoom
Top-Tier Member

Thanks Lunis. I already have scripts to the effect of option 1, so I'm trying to address the case that option 2 addresses.

While option 2 does work, it is basically redundant, because I may as well simply say "{my command}", followed by "all caps {my utterance}" and spend the same amount of pauses and syllables to achieve the same effect--without relying on a custom command.

I was hoping there was some magic function out there that can set capitalization for ONLY the following word, in the way that the vocabulary words can do, with without requiring the user to turn off a capitalization mode.

Interesting that the vocabulary words give more advanced control over the capitalization of text to follow then an advanced script does

Dragon Professional Individual v15.6. Windows 10. Knowbrainer 2017.

Statistics
32177 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 306 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 307 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.