KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Syntax error when copying MVB macro to Dragon
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/11/2021 01:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Syntax error when copying MVB macro to Dragon   - MamaY - 08/11/2021 01:58 PM  
 Syntax error when copying MVB macro to Dragon   - Matt_Chambers - 08/11/2021 02:08 PM  
 Syntax error when copying MVB macro to Dragon   - R. Wilke - 08/11/2021 03:29 PM  
 Syntax error when copying MVB macro to Dragon   - Alan Cantor - 08/11/2021 03:56 PM  
 Syntax error when copying MVB macro to Dragon   - MamaY - 08/13/2021 05:38 PM  
Keyword
 08/11/2021 01:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MamaY

I'm trying to create an advanced scripting voice command by copying Microsoft VB macro code to Dragon 15.  I've followed all the steps recommended by Nuance here:  https://isupportcontent.nuance.com/healthcare/documents/sales/opmanual/3100/l-3184-001.pdf

However, this is from 2008. The only option that looks correct in the Reference - mycommand dropdown is Microsoft Office x.x Object Library x.x.  I selected that, copied my MVB code, and when I go to save I get a "please correct syntax error" message. I don't know enough about MVB to know what my error is.  An example of the code I want to copy (copied directly from the MVB applications window) is below.  What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

Selection.TypeText Text:="History:  "

Selection.TypeParagraph

Selection.TypeText Text:="Prior medical history:"

Selection.TypeParagraph

Selection.TypeText Text:="Current complaints:"

Selection.TypeParagraph

Selection.TypeText Text:="Physical examination:"

Selection.TypeParagraph

Selection.TypeText Text:="Diagnosis:"

Selection.TypeParagraph

Selection.TypeText Text:="Treatment plan:"

Selection.TypeParagraph

Selection.TypeText Text:="Causation and apportionment:"

Selection.TypeParagraph

Selection.TypeText Text:="Work status:"

08/11/2021 02:08 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

You almost certainly need a reference to the Microsoft Word object library, rather than the Microsoft Office object library. Are you sure there is no possibility of including such a reference? There have been one or two reports here of people being unable to find Microsoft Word object library references, for reasons that are unclear.
 08/11/2021 03:29 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Matt,

Not sure if this is actually a qualified answer, but it seems like the reports about being unable to find the Microsoft Word object library reference were due to using some kind of cloud version of Office, where the library isn't installed locally obviously.

-------------------------

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

08/11/2021 03:56 PM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

I was unable to locate the Microsoft Word Object Library Reference when I was using an earlier version of Dragon Professional Individual 15.

But the moment I upgraded to Version 15.61, the reference reappeared.

The script has written definitely needs the Word Object Library reference. However, the script appears to be straightforward, and can probably be rewritten so that it doesn't require any references.
 08/13/2021 05:38 PM

Author Icon
MamaY

Thanks to all of you. I am using a cloud version of Office - hadn't thought about that. Also, I'd upgraded to Dragon 15.61 on my previous laptop (recently got a new desktop) and had problems with it. I wasn't able to get my user profile to copy over when I switched machines, so in the interest of timely workflow I just rebuilt from scratch with my ver. 15 diskette. I've been a little leery of upgrading since then. I'll give it a try, though, and see what happens. Thanks again!
Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 532 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 532 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.