KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Selecting different account inboxes in Outlook by voice
Topic Summary: Custom commands for Outlook inboxes
Created On: 06/15/2021 10:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Selecting different account inboxes in Outlook by voice   - Matt_Chambers - 06/15/2021 10:42 AM  
 Selecting different account inboxes in Outlook by voice   - Lunis Orcutt - 06/15/2021 12:05 PM  
 Selecting different account inboxes in Outlook by voice   - Matt_Chambers - 06/15/2021 03:25 PM  
 Selecting different account inboxes in Outlook by voice   - monkey8 - 06/15/2021 12:11 PM  
 Selecting different account inboxes in Outlook by voice   - Matt_Chambers - 06/15/2021 03:27 PM  
Keyword
 06/15/2021 10:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

I'm trying to figure out how to select different account inboxes in Microsoft Outlook, using my voice, rather than the mouse.

I'm using Outlook 2019, locally installed on my Windows 10 PC. I have three different email accounts that feed into Outlook. In the Inbox view in Outlook, I can see all three accounts, but I can't figure out a way to navigate among them. There don't seem to be any keyboard shortcuts that enable me to move among the inboxes, and I can't figure out the VBA code that would work.

I've done some research, but can't find any examples of how to do this, except by mouse. This strikes me as very user unfriendly programming by Microsoft, but in general Outlook suffers from that problem.

Anybody have any suggestions?

06/15/2021 12:05 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

If you are using KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands), you can open any personal folder (hopefully any email address); not just the default folders. We only have one inbox but if we want to open our personal Nuance folder we say Go to <Nuance>. If you're not using KnowBrainer, you can optionally copy the following Outlook application specific Advanced Scripting Go to <dictation> AI command into Dragon:

Sub Main
SendKeys "^y"
Wait 0.5
SendKeys "{Home}"
Wait 0.1
SendKeys "i{Right}"
Wait 0.3
SendKeys ListVar1
Wait 0.5
SendKeys "{Enter}"
End Sub

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

06/15/2021 03:25 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt If you are using KnowBrainer 2017 (w/2020 AI Commands), you can open any personal folder (hopefully any email address); not just the default folders. We only have one inbox but if we want to open our personal Nuance folder we say Go to . If you're not using KnowBrainer, you can optionally copy the following Outlook application specific Advanced Scripting Go to  AI command into Dragon:

Sub Main
SendKeys "^y"
Wait 0.5
SendKeys "{Home}"
Wait 0.1
SendKeys "i{Right}"
Wait 0.3
SendKeys ListVar1
Wait 0.5
SendKeys "{Enter}"
End Sub

Thanks, Lunis! I did not know or had forgotten about the "^y" trick. It looks like that will work, with a little bit of modification so that you can dictate something that will then trigger the long email address of the account name, so probably need to use a spoken form/written form List.

06/15/2021 12:11 PM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Matt_Chambers I'm trying to figure out how to select different account inboxes in Microsoft Outlook, using my voice, rather than the mouse.

… 

Use VBA, nothing user unfriendly about Microsoft APIs, here is a script I did many years ago which will go to the support@pcbyvoice.com inbox, just adapt for your email addresses using ListVars. Remember to set the reference to the Microsoft Outlook object library, just tested it with office 19 and it still works fine today.

'Script by Lindsay Adam pcbyvoice @2010
Sub Main
 Dim expl As Object
 Dim inbox As Object
 Dim ns As Object
 Dim accountFound As Boolean
 accountFound = False

On Error Resume Next

For Each oAccount In Application.Session.Accounts
    Set expl = Application.ActiveExplorer
    Set ns = Application.Session
    If oaccount = "support@pcbyvoice.com" Then
      accountFound = True
      Set goToFolder = oAccount.DeliveryStore.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
      If goToFolder Is Nothing Then
       MsgBox "Target folder not found!", vbOkOnly
      End If
      Set expl.CurrentFolder  = goToFolder
      expl.CurrentFolder.Display
      If (accountFound = True) Then
        Exit For
      End If
    End If
 Next

End Sub

-------------------------

06/15/2021 03:27 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: monkey8
Originally posted by: Matt_Chambers I'm trying to figure out how to select different account inboxes in Microsoft Outlook, using my voice, rather than the mouse.

… 

Use VBA, nothing user unfriendly about Microsoft APIs, here is a script I did many years ago which will go to the support@pcbyvoice.com inbox, just adapt for your email addresses using ListVars. Remember to set the reference to the Microsoft Outlook object library, just tested it with office 19 and it still works fine today.

'Script by Lindsay Adam pcbyvoice @2010
Sub Main
 Dim expl As Object
 Dim inbox As Object
 Dim ns As Object
 Dim accountFound As Boolean
 accountFound = False

On Error Resume Next

For Each oAccount In Application.Session.Accounts
    Set expl = Application.ActiveExplorer
    Set ns = Application.Session
    If oaccount = "support@pcbyvoice.com" Then
      accountFound = True
      Set goToFolder = oAccount.DeliveryStore.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
      If goToFolder Is Nothing Then
       MsgBox "Target folder not found!", vbOkOnly
      End If
      Set expl.CurrentFolder  = goToFolder
      expl.CurrentFolder.Display
      If (accountFound = True) Then
        Exit For
      End If
    End If
 Next

End Sub

Thanks, Lindsay! It figures that you would know the answer. I don't think VBA is all that user-friendly, but I don't have anything close to your programming skills.

I'll probably need to use a complex list, as I said in my response to Lunis, but with that modification this code should ork perfectly.

Matt

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 428 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 428 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.