Enhanced macros for SpeechStart+   - dilligence - 01/18/2015 04:29 PM  
Keyword
 12/19/2014 10:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Hello everyone,

I have created/edited some extra DVC macros for SpeechStart+.
I have enhanced the initial one Lindsay gave me on this forum.
There are three macros in the attachment. The first is a very short command to call up the numbersgrid of SP+.
The second one is a macro to automatically restart the numbers grid after saying a number.
The third one is a template command to combine the SP+ grid with a folder command (the initial command to quickly open a folder or website with a single command is, I believe, also Lindsay's, well I kind of lost track since most of the very interesting commands are his ;-))

The first command only needs one 'vowel' to speak: "I"
This will open quickly (it's DVC!) the SP+ numbers grid in any application, website or folder.
The second command is the number you speak after the numbers grid has launched. Right after you have spoken the number (followed by its action) the grid will automatically relaunch (so you don't have to say "Show Circles" again. In fact, you'll never have to say it again!
The third one is an example of a command to open a specific folder or website after which the numbers grid will appear automatically. In this case I am opening the documents folder, but you can replace 'documents' for any other folder, or website. In case of a website: make sure to set the wait time to at least 2500 ms.

All of this, of course, is aimed at reducing voice strain. I am experiencing some of this myself, so it's crucial to save your voice wherever possible.
I have created a video where you can see these commands an action. Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/RqEbbRe19rc

I hope they'll be of use to you, any comments are welcome.

Rob.

-------------------------

01/06/2015 06:09 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Thx, Rob. I enjoy your work!

Hey, for opening websites (or anything else) in your third example dvc command, consider using the WaitForWindow scripting command after a (very) short pause and with a long timeout.  The show circles will then fire as quickly as possible.

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

01/06/2015 07:15 PM

G.J. Premo
Top-Tier Member

1. Shame thast the WaitForWindow command only looks at the start of the Window title (as far as I know).

It is certainly possible in other macro programs to look for the string anywhere in the window title, or at the end. 

Many programs have the name of the program at the end of the title, not the start, and the name of the file at the start.  For a generic macro to work for jumping between programs, for example, looking only for the start of the window title is a problem, because the name of document may change. You can use AppBringUp, but then you are guessing as to the wait time before it receives focus, whereas WaitForWindow figures that out for you.

Any work around?

2.  I got my SpeechStart+ several months ago.  Have there been any updates?

01/06/2015 06:43 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Like So:

AppBringUp "C:\Users\user name\Documents"
Wait 5
WaitForWindow "C:\Users\user name\Documents", "", 30000
HeardWord "SHOW","Circles" 

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

01/07/2015 04:23 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Thanks PG!!

I didn't know about the WaitForWindow command, will surely check it out.

I send you back a PM about the numbers issue in Dragon 13. Might be a problem with a damaged list in one of the commands.

I am using Dragon version 10 so I cannot really speak for other versions. A friend of mine is buying the latest Dragon Pro version all the time. I must say each version is definitely more accurate, but also slower each time. Version 10 surely is the fastest.
I also noticed that DVC's are way faster than advanced scripting commands, so I'm replacing them where ever I can (sadly not always possible).

01/07/2015 10:37 PM

MikeJ
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: dilligence  I also noticed that DVC's are way faster than advanced scripting commands, so I'm replacing them where ever I can (sadly not always possible).

Yes, in most cases they are. And it's okay that they can't replace all advanced scripting commands because DVC scripting, like all of the other scripting tools in your scripting toolbox, has its proper place to be applied.

01/06/2015 07:40 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

[ahem check help, it does allow wild cards: "WaitForWindow "*Microsoft Word"" and class names "WaitForWindow"", "OpusApp""]

Note, WaitForWindow ONLY works in DVC commands (but you can look at this forum for scripting alternatives -- and most of those allow wildcards and class names, as well).

PG

01/06/2015 07:56 PM

G.J. Premo
Top-Tier Member

Thanks a lot.  WaitForWindow also works in Vocola, but I didn't pick that up on the documentation therein, that the wildcard need not represent the ending string.

01/06/2015 07:50 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

For me, using DNSPro 13, I get a wierd result. The HeardWord _arg commands only recognizes the first word. So if I say "22 (or "twenty two"), the HeardWord _arg becomes "20" (or "twenty"). Any clue? Here is my recognition history:

Docs
SHOW Circles
CLICK 19
SHOW Circles
CLICK 20
SHOW Circles
CLICK 20
SHOW Circles
CLICK 20
SHOW Circles
CLICK 30
SHOW Circles
CLICK 30
SHOW Circles
CLICK 40
SHOW Circles
CLICK 40
SHOW Circles
CLICK 40
SHOW Circles
view recognition history

PG

01/06/2015 08:39 PM

Author Icon
Charlie

what is a dvc command, and how are these loaded for use?

thx in advance

01/06/2015 11:23 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

dvc = dragon voice command. It is loaded automatically (stored in your mycmds.dat file). You generate them by copying an existing one (try looking at mouse <direction> <1to10>, e.g., and making a new copy)

PG

01/07/2015 05:19 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Thanks for your response. I wonder if the _arg1 issue is related to ver 13? For sure my <1to200> list is complete.

Interesting, for example, this works perfectly:

Testing <1to200>
MsgBoxConfirm _arg1,64,"Test _arg1"

PG

01/07/2015 05:29 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Hmmm. Strange. The command seems to be correctly recognized, and the _arg1 is correct (says the msgbox) but it doesn't get passed to the heardword that way. To confirm, here is my recognition history for saying the number "sixty eight" which shows up in the msgboxconfirm as 68 but gets recognized as 60 by the heardword part.

CLICK 60 
SHOW Circles

And here is the command for testing:

MsgBoxConfirm _arg1,64,"Test _arg1"
HeardWord "CLICK", _arg1
Wait 500
HeardWord "SHOW", "Circles"

PG

01/07/2015 06:30 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Hi PG,

Maybe this is a dragon 13 related thing. I tested your MsgBox command and every tested number corresponds with the speechstart+ number on my system (win 7 64 bit).

However I don't think nuance has dropped support for DVC in version 13 just yet....

Does this happen in all windows? Internet explorer and Windows Explorer, and in both details and list view? I use list view in all windows.

Did you ever had any miss recognitions with standard use of Speechstart+ (without the arg1 commands?)

Another option would be to create the command with advanced scripting and see how that works. If not well, ...Lindsay will probably have an explanation for this...

01/08/2015 01:24 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Hi Rob,
Same result in all windows and using Advanced Scripting. I have another post on that topic. Thx,

PG

01/08/2015 05:32 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

OK, so by adding to my vocabulary all the numbers in the 1to200 list as numerals, and saving same to my network and then re-opening up the profile, both the Dragon Test (from the other post) and the above referenced diligence macros work.

Thanks everyone,

PG

01/08/2015 09:32 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Here is one more, in keeping with Rob's (and his channeling of Lindsay's) spirit.  The command is <1to200> <mouseaction> (that list already exists in Dragon) and it lets you easily add a mouse action after your number:

<code>
HeardWord "Click", _arg1
Wait 500
If _arg2 = "click" then ButtonClick 1
if _arg2 = "double click" then ButtonClick 1,2
if _arg2 = "left click" then ButtonClick 1
if _arg2 = "right click" then ButtonClick 2
Wait 500
<\code>

Your mileage may vary, Hth,

PG

01/10/2015 06:45 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Hi PG,

Yes, a cool list command indeed!

Is it also possible to incorporate the actions I described in my 'Enhanced macros for SpeechStart+ Part2 ' into this command (copy, duplicate, rename, delete etc)?

Preferably in DVC format too.

That would save some room in my command browser.

01/15/2015 06:17 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

I already managed to incorporate my separate <1to200> cut, copy, rename, properties and remove commands for SpeechStart+ (instead of 'delete' to avoid conflict with my existing <1to200> Del command) into a single  <1to200> <action> list command.

One could say commands like: 21 delete, 43 properties, 124 delete etc.

Building upon PG's <1to200> mouse commands here is the script:

<1to200> <action>

HeardWord "Right","Click", _arg1
SendKeys "{Esc}"
If _arg2 = "copy" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+c}"
if _arg2 = "cut" then SendKeys "{Ctrl+x}"
if _arg2 = "rename" then SendKeys "{F2}"
if _arg2 = "remove" then SendKeys "{Del}"
if _arg2 = "properties" then SendKeys "{Alt+Enter}"
Wait 500

If anyone has any ideas for extra arguments or mouse/keyboard actions, feel free to edit this command.

Rob

01/16/2015 12:04 PM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Rob/PG

I don't know why but I have never seen this thread, Rob thanks for all your hard work and the additional scripts and video on YouTube.  I will introduce an API hopefully with the next version of SpeechStart plus so you can access the functionality directly without having to use things like HeardWord.  Thanks again.

Lindsay

01/18/2015 04:35 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Thanks Lindsay,

I use your program on a daily basis, and I'm happy to "broaden" its use with some extra commands, whenever possible (and of course that's also a challenge!)

But of course, in my case, it was just a matter of editing your initial list command

Regards,

Rob.

01/15/2015 06:45 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Rob, that is fine stuff. I was looking at that approach using standard windows keyboard shortcuts when I saw your original commands used the right-click menu and the various (German?) word entries to navigate (the two "t's" for "cutting" were a clue). Then I realized, that while I could select an entry by clicking (left clicking), that for you, that would enter the clicked file/folder and so those shortcuts wouldn't work. Your solution, to right click and then escape, has universal appeal. Thx for working out.

PG

01/18/2015 04:29 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Thanks PG.

Now the only thing I'm still looking for to create is a similar command, but this time with the:

Ctrl+click (select several items for copying for instance). In the past I tried to create a Ctrl+click command, but that didn't really work.

Any ideas?

Statistics
31980 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 522 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 522 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.