VerbalBasic Command List   - Lunis Orcutt - 07/11/2022 06:59 PM  
 VerbalBasic Command List   - Scriber - 07/12/2022 01:38 PM  
 VerbalBasic Command List   - Lunis Orcutt - 07/12/2022 02:17 PM  
Keyword
 07/11/2022 03:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Scriber

Sounds simple - doesn't it?  Just reinstall and there they are.  Unfortunately, I write alot of my own commands and the result of this is that there is no room to keep the VerbalBasic commands.

Is there somewhere that I can download them to perhaps a .txt file, so that I can just read them and recreate them?

Much appreciated,

07/11/2022 06:59 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Are you saving your commands in Dragon or KnowBrainer? While both options work, it is preferable to save your Advanced-Scripting commands in Dragon; until KnowBrainer 18 is released. You shouldn't be running out of space with or without the VerbalBasic commands unless you exceed 3000 personal commands. The only way to copy KnowBrainer commands into Dragon is to copy and paste the scripts individually.  There is no text file because we have to protect KnowBrainer commands; like Nuance protects it's commands and vocabularies. If we made a text file available, anyone could just copy the VB commands into Dragon without purchasing KnowBrainer. Although you can open the KnowBrainer ~ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\MyKBCommands.xml file in Visual Studio or Notepad, it would be even harder to copy the KnowBrainer commands. The MyKBCommands.xml file has to be protected for commercial reasons.

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

07/12/2022 01:38 PM

Author Icon
Scriber

Hello Lunis - thank you for your reply. I had you on my computer via White Glove and it was you that discovered why I was having the problems I did; it was the fact that I could not have all of my own commands AND the original KnowBrainer commands together in KnowBrainer upon installing. Is it possible that I can add all of them back in now? That would be great! I really struggle with Dragon and commands; perhaps I am going to have to bit the bullet and learn. I am glad you wrote about the 'list' and its protection; I should have realized that.
 07/12/2022 02:17 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You can add your commands to KnowBrainer but when you update, it overrides your personal commands. If you haven't already done so, you might consider running running the KBCommandsUpdater and then add your commands. You can also export your commands but our preference would be to create your commands in Dragon 15.61; even though they won't be quite as bulletproof 

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

Statistics
32359 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 402 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 403 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.