KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY
Topic Summary: DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY
Created On: 02/04/2022 11:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY   - MDH - 02/04/2022 11:20 PM  
 DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/05/2022 04:53 PM  
 DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY   - ALB - 02/20/2022 09:20 PM  
 DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY   - Mav - 02/21/2022 03:19 AM  
 DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY   - ALB - 02/21/2022 08:47 AM  
 DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/21/2022 08:26 PM  
 DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY   - R. Wilke - 02/21/2022 09:37 AM  
 DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY   - ALB - 02/21/2022 10:56 AM  
 DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY   - R. Wilke - 02/21/2022 02:52 PM  
 DMPE 4.3 VOCABULARY EDITOR FUNCTIONS POORLY   - ALB - 02/21/2022 05:26 PM  
Keyword
 02/04/2022 11:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MDH
Top-Tier Member

Anyone else notice that the Vocabulary Editor, which used to be the most valuable feature of the software, is now very unreliable? Things that were entered once in the DNS Medical v. 10.1 Vocabulary Editor were bullet-proof reliable.  This is not even remotely close to the same in the DMPE 4.3 Vocabulary Editor. In frustration, I have had to make Text and Graphic commands as a work-around. Ugh!

MDH

-------------------------
 02/05/2022 04:53 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Dragon includes all kinds of vocabulary magic like Spoken Form/Written Form, specialty rules, deletions and phrases. However, we have repeatedly expressed disappointment to Nuance for not putting a precedent on any word or phrase that we add to our personal vocabulary. We understand this capability might be a little tricky to implement but the Dragon manufacturers have had a decade or 2 to accomplish the simplest customer vocabulary request. 

For example: When we added the word “KnowBrainer” to our limited iPhone vocabulary the 1st time we said “no-brainer” we got “KnowBrainer”; without having to remove “no-brainer” like we did in Dragon. While we appreciate those other features, we would give them all up if Dragon would simply give precedence to words, phrases and dare we say it; capitalization.

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

02/20/2022 09:20 PM

ALB

Last April I updated to the new version of DMPE ver.4.3 and added Knowbrainer. I have been quite disappointed as my accuracy has not been as good as it had been with the older version. It has also seemed not to learn no matter how m any times I add or train words. It has been particularly poor at names from other countries and, oddly enough, the word Covid refuses to be remembered. During the past several weeks(maybe longer) there has also been an increase in an odd occurrence. Randomly letters will be duplicated in a word that is otherwise recognized. It seems truly random and can occur with consonants or vowels. For example, there migh be a word like "tthis" or here is another "exaample." This seems to be happening more frequently which has prompted me to ask for ideas about this. Might there be a relationship between the poorer accuracy and this occurrnence?

DMPE  4.3,Dell Lattitude, I7,  16GB, Speechmike Premium LFH 3500 and Grundig Sonicmike 3

02/21/2022 03:19 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Duplicated letters in an otherwise correctly recognized word are always a problem being introduced when transferring the recognized text into your target window.

You don't work in a Terminal Server or Citrix session by chance?

hth

mav

02/21/2022 08:47 AM

ALB

Thanks for your response. No, I am working on a freestanding computer and my EHR is cloud based and not on citrix. I will try to note how much this is happening in Word rather than only in the EHR(where I unfortunately spend most of my time).

DMPE  4.3,Dell Lattitude, I7,  16GB, Speechmike Premium LFH 3500 and Grundig Sonicmike 3

02/21/2022 08:26 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

As Mav pointed out... Double lettering can occur when attempting to dictate into a non-Dragon friendly environment; especially over the Internet (cloud). To dig a little deeper… Dragon buffers your dictation until you stop speaking. At this point Dragon attempts to simontaneously drop all of your dictation, such as pasting from Windows clipboard. This technique can overload an Internet or network connection. All the Dragon developers had to do was offer an alternative such as dropping one letter at a time, like typing very quickly. It's not like Nuance doesn't know how to do this because the Dragon Dictation Box includes this feature as an option. We don't have an answer as to why our request was ignored but fortunately, Rüdiger took care of the problem with his DragonCapture utility. Think Direct Dictation without double lettering

Your COVID issue... Our solution was to to add a capitalized version of COVID without a Spoken Form. COVID-19 was a little more difficult and required Spoken Form: of covid nineteen

Your substandard accuracy issue… The following instructions are given in DMPE 4's default DragonBar view. The following instructions will have to be altered if you changed the DragonBar to a traditional view.

1. Click the DragonBar Settings menu

2. Click Microphone

3. Click Choose Microphone

4. Remove the checkmark from Automatically adjust the microphone level as I speak

5. After making this change, DMPE 4.3.1 should prompt you to run the Microphone Check, which you will need to do. If you are not prompted, do this manually and report back

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

02/21/2022 09:37 AM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Which version did you upgrade from? Previous versions were a lot more tolerant to non-supported or not fully supported applications than the current one.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

02/21/2022 10:56 AM

ALB

Thanks for your response. It was version 2.

02/21/2022 02:52 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: ALB Thanks for your response. It was version 2.

Which kind of explains it all. DMPE 2 was basically DNS 12, which still catered for communicating with applications which are not fully supported, in some ways at least. Starting in DNS 13, this kind of support was entirely dropped, which is why you are encountering all the difference now. Your best bet will be to look into second-best solutions, such as the Dragon Dictation Box, or any other of the workarounds offered on this forum.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

02/21/2022 05:26 PM

ALB

Thanks. I will look into that. I guess this is another of those "upgrades" that make life more difficult rather than easier. I've encountered a number of those recently.

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 374 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 374 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.