KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Is it still possible to train Dragon with practice documents
Topic Summary: Earlier medical versions allowed training by dictating practice documents
Created On: 02/01/2022 03:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Is it still possible to train Dragon with practice documents   - smeyer - 02/01/2022 03:27 PM  
 Is it still possible to train Dragon with practice documents   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/01/2022 06:22 PM  
Keyword
 02/01/2022 03:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
smeyer
Power Member

My recognition is excellent but my associate's is abominable.  Are training documents available (using DMPE 4.3) like in the old days of versions 8-10?  I see no such training opportunities.  Any suggestions?  His microphone is Speechware Tablemike.  His dictation technique is not the best but not nearly as bad as his results.   I think training documents would be very helpful.

02/01/2022 06:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Nuance didn't remove Dragon training. They just eliminated the menu to prevent training. Think of it as the IRS handling and filing your taxes for your convenience  Nuance decided that training is unnecessary. However, there are some situations, such as verbal disabilities, that make the training option important. If you are using KnowBrainer 2020 you can bring this feature back by saying Train Dragon. This is 1 of a few thousand reasons why we created KnowBrainer 2020. This is what you asked for but we don't think it's what you need.

We suspect that training is NOT the issue. Possibly as many as 50% of physicians suffer from substandard DMPE 4.3.1 accuracy. Some even have the same problem with DPI/DPG 15. Our 1st recommendation, if you're using the DragonBar in the default view, is to click Settings/Microphone/Choose Microphone. Now remove the checkmark from Automatically adjust the microphone level as I speak. DPI 15 doesn't prompt you to run the Microphone Check but DMPE 4.3.1 should. In either event, you will need to run the Microphone Check because, as with previous versions of Dragon. 

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 472 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 472 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.