Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 EHR and Citrix problem   - auerdoc - 11/18/2021 10:55 AM  
 EHR and Citrix problem   - Lunis Orcutt - 11/18/2021 01:19 PM  
 EHR and Citrix problem   - mwarddoc - 11/24/2021 12:14 PM  
Keyword
 11/18/2021 10:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

auerdoc

Recently I have had problems using DMPE 4.3 in a Citrix environment with EHR Allscripts.

For years I have reviewed the Forum with regard to various issues using Dragon in a Citrix environment.  Knowbrainer helped immensely but now there are issues which I presume are a result of something that the hospital IT department did without notifying anybody.  I am not sufficiently software aware to be particularly intelligent about this.  In any case, I have had dictation box in “options” set up as follows:

From the options tab:

Anchor Dictation

Automatically Open the Dictation Box for Unsupported

Paste options

Type keys CTRL + v

Keep transfer text in clipboard

And from the “dictation box settings”

Anchor

Type keys CTR backspace 1 L + C

Type keys CTRL + V

Keep transfer text in clipboard

As an aside, I do not understand the difference between setting of the text box options from the “options” dropdown and the “settings” choices from “text box”

Previously when I dictated into an unsupported field what happened is what I expected.  The dictation box would open, I would dictate and click transfer and the text would transfer into the unsupported text field.  Now, variably, when I dictate into an unsupported text field the letter “c” is placed into the dictation field and then when I click transfer the only thing that is transferred is the letter “v”.  I will delete letter “c” and/or the letter “v” and then manually hit the “Ctrl + v” combination and the text from the clipboard will paste into the text field.

Recently to get around this problem I have used the Knowbrainer command “copy all”, close dictation box and then paste into the text field.

As I was preparing this note, I went through the process of just dictating into the unsupported text field and completing the dictation and what happened was that ultimately the letter “v” would be placed into the text field and the next time I dictated “test test test” those 3 words would be placed into the text field. See below:

vTest test testvTest test testv

I have 2 questions:

1) is there a fix or explanation for this?

2) is there something I can do to shorten the process-there is a command in Knowbrainer “Copy All to <dictation> but I do not understand the context of “dictation”.  That is, if I want to paste the copied text to a certain text field, without having to manually enter the keys, how do I do that.  That is, what is “dictation”?

Thanks.

11/18/2021 01:19 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The KnowBrainer 2020 Upgrade, and we believe your current KnowBrainer 2017 utility, include a workaround. We recommend disabling the Dictation Box. Now place your cursor into the appropriate target field and utilize the KnowBrainer Notepad <dictation> command. This will open Notepad and simultaneously drop whatever you dictate. Example: If you say Notepad <this patient is presenting with extreme pain after drinking Clorox bleach>, it will open Notepad and type “This patient is presenting with extreme pain after drinking Clorox bleach.” When you have finished your dictation say Transfer to select all, cut your dictation to the clipboard, close Notepad and paste your dictation into the current field. You can even directly correct dictation after the paste with the new KnowBrainer Type <dictation> or Print <dictation> commands.

HOWEVER, Rüdiger Wilke has created a Plan B. If you don't need to perform a lot of correction, you can directly dictate into those fields that are currently requiring the extra step of having to open the Dictation Box, perform your dictation, copy your dictation and then transfer it into the target. It's called DragonCapture and at $35; recklessly affordable. You'll find 30 day trials of KnowBrainer 2020 and DragonCapture in our signature tag

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

11/24/2021 12:14 PM

Author Icon
mwarddoc
Advanced Member

I cannot recommend DragonCapture highly enough, it "fixed" my problems with Citrix and Epic, and worked rather seamlessly. You do lose the ability to search and correct, but it was a small loss for a big gain. I have it on two laptop PC's with DMPE 4.3 and I regained many hours of lost time fuddling with this issue.

-------------------------
mwarddoc
KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » DMPE, DMO and EMRs » EHR and Citrix problem

Statistics
32305 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 473 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 474 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.