DMPE 4.3 annoyances   - Lunis Orcutt - 12/29/2020 11:25 AM  
 DMPE 4.3 annoyances   - MDH - 12/29/2020 03:26 PM  
Keyword
 12/29/2020 08:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MDH
Top-Tier Member

Just upgraded to DMPE 4.3. It is very accurate, but I have discovered some very annoying problems.

If I dictate November of 2015 (or any other month and year), it will instead yield November 2015 without the word "of". Even if I first dictate "November of" (without quotes) first and this is properly transcribed, then upon then dictating "2015" (without quotes), it will erase the word "of" and replace with 2015. What is going on and how to fix?

Also, if I dictate CPX (after the Chief Complaint), nothing is transcribed despite numerous attempts. However if I say "He is here for a CPX", then CPX is reliably transcribed. Any ideas, explanations, or fixes. 

How best to use the Vocabulary Editor in DMPE 4.3 which balks on adding phrases or names that it does not recognize as having "words". So it will not accept the name Dr. Yurth, as it will not recognize "Yurth" as a word. Use of Spoken form yields a warning that "Yurth" is not a recognized "word" and can't be used.

I can't get it to properly recognize or transcribe the word "physiatrist". Training and using Vocab Editor has been to no avail.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

MDH

-------------------------

12/29/2020 11:25 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We have the same problem in DPG 15.61. However, “chief complaint CPX” works for us. We suspect you can remedy this with a setting change in your Auto-Formatting which can be opened by saying show dragon formatting.

Adding Dr. Yurth to your vocabulary shouldn't be a problem but Dragon will prompt you to add a Spoken Form. If you don't, Dragon will prompt you to train but whether you do or not, Dragon should allow you to add the phrase but continuing to highlight the Add button to make you think it hasn't been added . At least this is how DPG 15.61 treats this event. You should optionally be able to add the Written Form: Dr. Yurth with a Spoken Form: doctor yurth. However, even when we created a Written Form/Spoken Form, Dragon still highlighted the Add button to make us think it was not added to our vocabulary but it actually worked.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

12/29/2020 03:26 PM

Author Icon
MDH
Top-Tier Member

Lunis,

Thanks. I meant that Chief Complaint: is part of a fixed template. For whatever reason would not accept CPX said after that. But today, on a different computer it works. Will try tonight on original culprit computer. I guess I just need to get used to the different Vocab Editor.

Thanks or your help.

MDH

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » DMPE, DMO and EMRs » DMPE 4.3 annoyances

Statistics
31935 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 598 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 599 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.