KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: how to press and hold left mouse button
Topic Summary: how to press and hold left mouse button
Created On: 10/30/2016 07:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 how to press and hold left mouse button   - DEBRADEW - 10/30/2016 07:57 PM  
 how to press and hold left mouse button   - Lunis Orcutt - 10/30/2016 08:25 PM  
 how to press and hold left mouse button   - nwhitbre - 11/23/2020 03:46 AM  
 how to press and hold left mouse button   - dilligence - 11/23/2020 03:25 PM  
 how to press and hold left mouse button   - geodude - 05/02/2018 01:22 AM  
 how to press and hold left mouse button   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/02/2018 12:32 PM  
 how to press and hold left mouse button   - monkey8 - 05/11/2018 02:04 PM  
 how to press and hold left mouse button   - Mark Bennett - 05/27/2018 12:18 PM  
 how to press and hold left mouse button   - Lunis Orcutt - 11/23/2020 01:36 PM  
Keyword
 10/30/2016 07:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DEBRADEW

I am sorry to bother you with this, but I have searched the web for an answer and looked in Dragon help to no avail. This seems like such a simple thing that I cannot figure out why I do not know how to do it. Thank you all. Once again

It mystifies me as to why I cannot get any answers except from you guys. I wonder how people who do not know about you are able to manage

-------------------------

Debra Scruggs-formerly a homeschooling mother of nine, general aviation pilot -currently a quadriplegic in a nursing home for 15 years from multiple sclerosis caused from being vaccinated 

former owner of Jupiter ice company in Jupiter Florida and ice machine rentals; homeschooling family

10/30/2016 08:25 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You will find this capability in the KnowBrainer 2017 <MouseButton_MouseAction> command. The built-in commands include LEFT Mouse Hold down, LEFT Mouse Release, RIGHT Mouse Hold Down and RIGHT Mouse release.

Maybe there is a little magic in this speech recognition forum

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

11/23/2020 03:46 AM

Author Icon
nwhitbre

Hi Lunis, Interest is it possible to hold the left mouse button down using only Dragon commands without KnowBrainer. I assume this is part of the bond scripting if it is possible? All the best Nathan

11/23/2020 03:25 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

nwhitbre,

The above commands will work as regular Dragon (Advanced Scripting) commands as well. 

However, keeping the mouse buttons pressed via scripting tends to be a little bit slow. Therefore both SP Standard and PRO feature Press Utility which typically performs 50% faster, as demonstrated in this video

05/02/2018 01:22 AM

Author Icon
geodude

None of the 4 commands for combinations of left/right, holddown/release are working. For example, "left mouse hold down" does not register as a command for me. However, the commands for holding down keys are working fine e.g. "alt key hold down". Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks

Background: I just downloaded  knowbrainer free trial today, so the command never worked to start with. Other commands seem to work okay, though I've only used a few of them so far.

Unrelated question: if I buy KnowBrainer 2017 when the free trial ends, do I get to keep all the commands I created during the free trial?

05/02/2018 12:32 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome to the World's Most Popular Speech Recognition Forum

If you are planning on adding commands to KnowBrainer 2017, begin by clicking KnowBrainer Commands to download the latest KnowBrainer 2017 commands. Note that you will need to unzip and copy the latest MyKBCommands.xml file over your existing file at C:\Users\(Your Computer Name)\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\ which will overwrite any commands you have added so please hold off on creating personal commands until after adding these new commands.

Yes, you will be able to save all of your work if you decide to purchase KnowBrainer 2017. Just don't reinstall it because all you will need is a serial number.

We just tried saying Left Mouse Hold Down in Notepad and it worked fine for us to highlight several lines of text (we manually moved the mouse downward) but keep in mind that the previously mentioned MyKBCommands.xml file includes the last 18 months of command development and <MouseButton_MouseAction> may have been tweaked.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

05/11/2018 02:04 PM

Author Icon
monkey8
Top-Tier Member

Debra,

In a final attempt to contact you I am posting on the forum in response to this question. In the last month we have received over 20 emails from you with various questions regarding Speechstart+ and we have tried to contact you numerous times for you never get back to us. We have offered you a remote session, email support or whatever it is you wish. I suggest you have a serious problem with your email inbox settings putting everything in junk email or something similar.

You can use the Speechstart+ commands LEFT MOUSE DOWN and LEFT MOUSE UP apart from the KnowBrainer commands.

Lindsay

05/27/2018 12:18 PM

Author Icon
Mark Bennett

To hold the mouse button down more easily, I made my own mouse command called "Down" by borrowing and editing the following script from the MouseButton_MouseAction command discussed earlier in this section:  This was done  in the knowbrainer scripting window.

'moves left mouse button down
Private Declare Sub mouse_event Lib "user32" (ByVal dwFlags As Long, _
ByVal dx As Long, ByVal dy As Long, ByVal cButtons As Long, _
ByVal dwExtraInfo As Long)
Sub Main
mouse_event (2, 0,0,0,0)
End Sub

Then I made a separate command I called "Up" as follows

'moves left mouse button up
Private Declare Sub mouse_event Lib "user32" (ByVal dwFlags As Long, _
ByVal dx As Long, ByVal dy As Long, ByVal cButtons As Long, _
ByVal dwExtraInfo As Long)
Sub Main
mouse_event (4, 0,0,0,0)
End Sub

Mark Bennett, Learning about Computer Disability Accomodations

11/23/2020 01:36 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

I am not a programmer; only a developer. Monkey8 added this capability to KnowBrainer so I  can't answer your question but we suspect this could be added to Dragon.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » DMPE, DMO and EMRs » how to press and hold left mouse button

Statistics
31978 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 619 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 621 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.