KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to use keyboard with Speech Recognition?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/29/2020 12:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 How to use keyboard with Speech Recognition?   - riemanndiy - 10/29/2020 12:38 PM  
 How to use keyboard with Speech Recognition?   - Russell - 10/31/2020 11:10 PM  
 How to use keyboard with Speech Recognition?   - ax - 12/27/2020 11:30 PM  
 How to use keyboard with Speech Recognition?   - Russell - 12/28/2020 03:04 PM  
 How to use keyboard with Speech Recognition?   - ax - 12/28/2020 10:15 PM  
 How to use keyboard with Speech Recognition?   - ax - 01/06/2021 09:44 PM  
Keyword
 10/29/2020 12:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
riemanndiy

Hello, I'm trying to use Windows Speech recognition to navigate on the internet with google chrome. I often use shortcuts (CTRL+T --> new tab).

My question are:

1) can I use this shortcut in an "app" like google chrome? Is this possible? I tried to say to SR: "press keys" and then "control T" but it never recognizes my command.

2) How can I copy what I have written (for example in word) and paste to antoher program (let's say notepad).

3) where can I find a detailed guide for use SR that is not the very basic that windows site is providing?

4) is it possible to program custom function in SR?

5) can I use "left click" and "right click" without specifying the identification numbers? I usually move the mouse with mouse grid

Thank you

10/31/2020 11:10 PM

Russell

1. You can say "press control t" and WSR will do the keyboard shortcut.

2. If you are in Word and you want to transfer a paragraph, you might use a sequence of commands like this:
- "Select paragraph" (assuming the insertion point is in the paragraph)
- "Copy"
- "Start Notepad" or "Switch to Notepad" if it's already open.
- "Paste"

3. If you say "what can I say," WSR will open a web page with some basic stuff you can say for commands and dictation. You could Google "windows speech recognition help" to find various pages with more information.

4. Yes! You need the free "Windows Speech Recognition Macros" download from Microsoft. It allows you to make macros that you can assign a phrase that will trigger the macro. Like "Delete Message" in your email program to do the keyboard shortcut that deletes a message in your email program. There is a book on WSR Macros available from www.mymsspeech.com if you really get into it. Actually, it looks like there is a lot of good information about WSR on this site.

5. Yes. You can say "right click that" or "left click that," and WSR will do the click wherever your pointer is positioned.

12/27/2020 11:30 PM

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

Unfortunately WSR Macros is not "portable". It requires Admin privilege for installation. Was hoping that it would be "EDC". Guess not.
 12/28/2020 03:04 PM

Russell

In terms of portability, Windows Speech Recognition Macros are stored in the "Speech Macros" folder in the user's "Documents folder," so it's fairly straightforward for someone to copy a set of WSR macros from one computer to another: just copy the "Speech Macros" folder onto a flash drive and copy it into the "Documents" folder on another computer. For a while I even had a network sync program set up that would automatically keep macros on multiple computers identical.

I'm not sure why it's a problem for installation of Microsoft's WSR Macros to require Admin privileges.
 12/28/2020 10:15 PM

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

That's good to know Russell. I can install WSR Macros at home with necessary Admin credential.

Sounds as if the macros put together at home can then be used at work "portably", so long as they are in the desired Folder.

If that's the case then I am going to spend some time later looking into it. It could be useful for me.

Thanks for the input.
 01/06/2021 09:44 PM

Author Icon
ax
Top-Tier Member

Looks like it might be worthwhile to give https://www.voicemacro.net a try first, as previously brought up by a forum veteran, for me anyway.

Statistics
31988 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 523 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 524 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.