KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Increase the speed of my computer and Dragon
Topic Summary: Increase the speed of my computer and Dragon by eliminating programs in start up
Created On: 09/09/2020 09:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Increase the speed of my computer and Dragon   - Kankakee101 - 09/09/2020 09:31 PM  
 Increase the speed of my computer and Dragon   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/10/2020 12:04 PM  
 Increase the speed of my computer and Dragon   - Kankakee101 - 09/10/2020 12:23 PM  
 Increase the speed of my computer and Dragon   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/10/2020 04:06 PM  
 Increase the speed of my computer and Dragon   - kkkwj - 09/10/2020 08:53 PM  
Keyword
 09/09/2020 09:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kankakee101

I am looking for ways to increase the speed of my computer and Dragon. I know that I have several programs in the start up menu.

I have deleted a few applications and turned some of the programs off. I don't know if the following programs in the startup are essential or I could remove them or turn them off. Can you tell me if I can remove these programs or turn them off without causing problems.

Commonwealth Software Manager (2 of them)

Delayed Launcher Intel

InstallShield Flexera Software (icon looks like the flame from Dragon)

Microsoft One Drive (I don't think I use this, if I do it is unknowingly)

Seagate Dashboard (I use this for backup but there are two of them)

Send To One Note Tool

Waves Maxx Audio Service Application (unfamiliar with this app)

09/10/2020 12:04 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Unless you only have about 4 Mb of RAM or run a lot of other applications, disabling these utilities will not help. We believe that you will find all of these utilities are relatively small. 

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

09/10/2020 12:23 PM

Author Icon
Kankakee101

What would you suggest to increase the speed of the computer with the Dragon. Getting long pauses.
 09/10/2020 04:06 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

From what we can see, your computer and sound system look excellent. When your dictation slows down it typically means that Dragon is struggling to understand what you said. This typically refers to interference or a problem with your soundsystem. We know you are using a Sennheiser MB Pro1 so your microphone shouldn't be the issue. Can you open DragonPad, dictate a few words and say play that back? You should hear nothing but your voice. 

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

09/10/2020 08:53 PM

Author Icon
kkkwj
Top-Tier Member

"Increase the speed of my computer" is a little vague. If you mean, "Make the long Dragon pauses go away," that is something else entirely. That's a problem with Dragon thinking about something, as Lunis says. You said "Microsoft One Drive (I don't think I use this, if I do it is unknowingly)" - Windows has the ability to store your entire Documents folder in the cloud on OneDrive if you let it. Probably that's not the case with you, but check it out anyway. If you're in the cloud, you can see the OneDrive icon in the system tray syncing at boot time between your computer and the cloud. That can certainly slow down your computer at boot time because OneDrive can generate dozens of sync processes to sap your CPU (check out the performance graphs in the Task Manager at boot time to see who is consuming all the CPU).

Other than that, about the only thing you can do to speed up a computer is to replace a spinning disk drive with an SSD drive (and optionally, the SSD Keeper disk-caching app). I have found both of those things effective enough to let you feel the speed increase. A fair amount of RAM helps too 16GB minimum, 32GB probably optimal, 64GB is overkill. IMHO.

Win10/x64, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Dragon 15.3, SP 6 PRO, SpeechStart, Office 365, KB 2017, Dragon Capture, Samson Meteor USB Desk Mic, Klim and JUKSTG earbuds with microphones

Statistics
31827 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 489 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 489 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.