KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Andrea USB-SA soundcards suddenly stopped working with handheld microphones
Topic Summary: I've used these USB soundcards for a while with a Heil PR 35 and an Audix om2 microphone.
Created On: 07/31/2021 09:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 07/31/2021 09:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

wheelstb
Top-Tier Member

I had to soundcards for months if not years. Suddenly both of them have quit working with my handheld microphones.

I thought it was a case of a malfunction. Andrea support sent me a new soundcard. Right out of the box, it did not work with either of those two microphones. I plugged an ATHCOM-1 headset in and everything worked just fine.

I'm completely confused. I suppose it could be the microphones or the cords used to connect the microphones to the soundcards.

But I used everything in both configurations for a while, and for couple of months, everything worked just fine.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

08/01/2021 02:14 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

It looks like your computer and USB soundcards are fine; as proven by your ATHCOM-1 analog microphone. Can you tell us what you are using for handheld microphones? It looks like they both have an issue but they shouldn't have a simultaneous issue

-------------------------

Change "No" to "Know" w/KnowBrainer 2020
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ex 1

08/01/2021 06:25 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Can you tell us what you are using for handheld microphones?

That has already been answered in the original subtitle to the thread.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

08/01/2021 10:36 PM

Nelson
Top-Tier Member

I have never had an Andrea soundcard become defective. They typically last for years and years without problems. I have one that is more than 15 years old, and it works perfectly. If your handheld microphones have suddenly and unexpectedly stopped working, I suspect it might be a problem with your settings. Even though we can use multiple and different microphones on one profile, it might be worth checking out. Also, it is not normal for a handheld microphone to have a wiring problem that affects them.  I interchange my handhelds, dependant upon the high noise background of my working environment from a Microtech Gefell 300 to a Sennheiser MD 431, without problems.

DPI 15.61, Knowbrainer, VoiceComputer, Lenovo Thinkpad P50, Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, Sennheiser MD 431 II, Microtech Gefell MD 300, Sound Devices USBpre 2 and Sound Devices MixPre 3 - II.

Statistics
32168 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 369 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 369 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.